Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre in town

Options
  • 23-05-2014 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,looking to switch to efibre or at least a better broadband at the moment. In the town and told efibre is available to us with a box nearby. Just wondered if anyone had any comments or reviews on efibre in Carlow,sick of crappy broadband and service. Also who would ppl advise to go with,Eircom or Vodafone? Thanks for any advice or help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

This thread from a few months ago should provide some help
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88299937

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Hi. I got eircom efibre bout a month ago. Havent had any issues at all. Solid 90-100mb/Mb/MB or whatever its meant to be when wired to laptop and 50-60 on wifi.

Delighted with it. From ordered to installation about 3 weeks and all set up within an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭7foot ginger

1997 wrote: »
    Hi,looking to switch to efibre or at least a better broadband at the moment. In the town and told efibre is available to us with a box nearby. Just wondered if anyone had any comments or reviews on efibre in Carlow,sick of crappy broadband and service. Also who would ppl advise to go with,Eircom or Vodafone? Thanks for any advice or help!

UPC is the best. You have no download limits. I've been with them for two years now an they provide a very good service. It's very fast an never a problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I chose Vodafone Fibre over UPC mainly because of the upload speed.

I am on the 100/20 profile and get around 94/18 on a speed test.

I went from 10/1 on Sky to this!

Couldn't be more happier.

Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I chose Vodafone Fibre over UPC mainly because of the upload speed.

I am on the 100/20 profile and get around 94/18 on a speed test.

They are seriously decent % speeds.

Currently in the sticks on Aptus on 5Mb/512Kb and looking on in jealousy. That being said, uptime reliability with Aptus is pretty spectacular.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

They are seriously decent % speeds.

Currently in the sticks on Aptus on 5Mb/512Kb and looking on in jealousy. That being said, uptime reliability with Aptus is pretty spectacular.

My friends have Aptus, they're on the 6/1 profile, the only bad thing is the terrible 40GB limit.

If you don't like the limit I'd recommend you go for RegionalBroadband 4/1 speeds but it's unlimited.

From what I've heard it's great.

Advertisement