Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coney Island Challenge 10mile/10k Oct. 11th 2:30pm

Options
  • 23-05-2014 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done this one before? I signed up because I will be at home during this time and will be a nice cool down following ultra season.. Looking forward to it and hope for a nice turnout. Registration is available on the Precision Timing website.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    Has anyone done this one before? I signed up because I will be at home during this time and will be a nice cool down following ultra season.. Looking forward to it and hope for a nice turnout. Registration is available on the Precision Timing website.

Ive heard about it. I might do it. I grew up in Strandhill, and I'm ashamed to say ive never set foot on Coney Island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

My brother lives about an hour away and is going to do it with me, should be a nice day out I'd say, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I haven't done it, but hopefully this year.
    Some feedback I heard from last year was that there was some water still on the strand, so in parts they had to run through that. Didn't seem to be a huge issue all the same.
    Interesting concept for a race :)

Anyone else signed up for this? I'm wondering how difficult the 10 mile will be, I notice you don't actually get to the Island if you only do the 10km which was my intention.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭angrykoala

Hi all. I ran this last year. I did the ten mile. To be honest your better off doing the 10 miles. For the 10k you just turn around in the middle of the strand when your more than half way to the island. Its pretty flat anyway. No real hills on the island.
    As for the water I got soaked. Dont wear your best runners. The start time was put back for half an hour because the tide hadnt gone out.
    an enjoyable run. Only one uphill coming back up from the beach to the main road.
    Ive signed to do it but may not with it so close to dcm. Good luck with it

• Advertisement
Advertisement