Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha RX-V475 upgrade from Logitech Z5400

Options
  • 23-05-2014 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I currently a Logitech Z5400 set up and am thinking about upgrading, mainly due to the lack of HDMI inputs.

I am looking at either the Yamaha RX-V475 or RX-V675 paired with the Yamaha NS-P40 speakers. I was wondering though whether the Logitech speakers would work with the Yamaha receiver? I know the Logitech Sub-woofer won't work as it has a D-Sub connection.

What are the opinion here? Will I gain much by going with the Yamaha set up over the Z5400 and if so am I better to go with the Yamaha speakers too, or re-use the Logitech ones and just purchase a standalone sub-woofer.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

techdiver wrote: »
    Hi,

I currently a Logitech Z5400 set up and am thinking about upgrading, mainly due to the lack of HDMI inputs.

I am looking at either the Yamaha RX-V475 or RX-V675 paired with the Yamaha NS-P40 speakers. I was wondering though whether the Logitech speakers would work with the Yamaha receiver? I know the Logitech Sub-woofer won't work as it has a D-Sub connection.

What are the opinion here? Will I gain much by going with the Yamaha set up over the Z5400 and if so am I better to go with the Yamaha speakers too, or re-use the Logitech ones and just purchase a standalone sub-woofer.

Cheers.

Purchase "it" with the complete active sup sub /passive speakers. Also try a couple of the hifi shops and see of they can sort you a kit. To use the logitech Z speakers it requires a bit of cannibalism ( from memory they have a custom connectors). Further they require an active sub, like you said, which new is another €100 ish euros. Bottom line if you sell the Z you need it in out of box condition...

>Sol

Advertisement