Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any decent chipper near Ikea?

Options
  • 23-05-2014 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi, leaving Ikea soon, any decent chippers for proper chips nearby?
    TThanks,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Macaris on St. Pappin's Road, just off Ballymun Road. My Dad swears by them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jojobeans

Macaris glasnevin avenue beside the autobahn pub nicer chips than the st papins road macaris and bigger portions too oh amd a friendlier service also imo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Am at Macaris now, salivating in the queue
    Thanks.

Had a junior box. Verdict: very nice, would recommend it.
    'real' chips, not frozen standard ones. Chicken was tasty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Mr. Perri on the Swords road, (beside the Swiss Cottage) is unreal. massive portions too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

dinneenp wrote: »
    TThanks,
    Pa

Pa,the food in IKEA is half decent and not expensive either, I know its not chipper food but its fair daecent.

TThanks,
    Pa

Pa,the food in IKEA is half decent and not expensive either, I know its not chipper food but its fair daecent.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Had a junior box. Verdict: very nice, would recommend it.
    'real' chips, not frozen standard ones. Chicken was tasty too.

what chipper uses normal frozen chips? Ive never come across one and I've eaten in a lot of chippers.

I've eaten in Ikea before and it's fine food. But I was after chipper chips and chicken thigh.

I don't know if any chippers use frozen chops but some, like McDonald's and superman's are all uniform size, width if you know what I mean....

I've eaten in Ikea before and it's fine food. But I was after chipper chips and chicken thigh.

I don't know if any chippers use frozen chops but some, like McDonald's and superman's are all uniform size, width if you know what I mean....

Fair enough, if only the chips we cook at home would taste as good as chipper chips!

• Advertisement

Fair enough, if only the chips we cook at home would taste as good as chipper chips!

Tell me about it! It's an ongoing discussion with my wife- will we have some chips? Ya, I'll make some (she hand cuts them and deep fat fries them). Me: hmm, OK. Will we get some from the chipper for a change... Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

The food in IKEA is very good - give it a go. Swedish meatballs yum.
    As for Chippers there is good one facing DCU on the Ballymun Road, beside what is still locally known as the slipper (Matt Weldons)

Advertisement