Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hairs in food

Options
  • 23-05-2014 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Got Chinese earlier and in my other halfs chicken satay we found a few long hairs. Rang the place and I called back over to get a refund as my other half was sick over it and didn't want a remade dish. When I got there the manager was screaming at me that it's not his problem etc and wasn't going to do anything. I eventually got a refund as I refused to leave and kept complaining for over 30 minutes it wasn't even the money but that he screamed and refused take responsibility. What should I do now should I report the place? There was a few hairs not just one as u would get over 1 thanks for reading

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

You could report them to the food safety authority of ireland. I have phoned them before and they actually do deal with complaints. You rarely see take aways following food safety law

• Registered Users Posts: 20 timtim1988

Ya that seems the only thing I can do. All I wanted was a sorry and refund but to be spoken to the way I was in front of other customers has pissed me off as I was a regular customer not no more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Customer service not a strong point of Chinese in my experience. I once got my phone repaired. When I got home I noticed the screen still wasnt right and I was in the store within 30 mins. The women denied every seeing me, even through I was speaking to her 30 mins ago and I even seen my receipt on the table infront of her. After 15 mins of arguing she fixed my phone properly.

I can name dozens of situations were a Chinese person was unpleasant and an Irish person wont act in the same way. Even my Chinese friends in college joke at how bad customer service is in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Let's not start making comments about an entire country, or stray off-topic.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

timtim1988 wrote: »
    Got Chinese earlier and in my other halfs chicken satay we found a few long hairs. Rang the place and I called back over to get a refund as my other half was sick over it and didn't want a remade dish. When I got there the manager was screaming at me that it's not his problem etc and wasn't going to do anything. I eventually got a refund as I refused to leave and kept complaining for over 30 minutes it wasn't even the money but that he screamed and refused take responsibility. What should I do now should I report the place? There was a few hairs not just one as u would get over 1 thanks for reading

Definitely report it to H&S. Give as many details as possible. Also, I assume that you will be informing family and friends.

What part of the country are you in as a matter of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The part of the country is irrelevant to the consumer issue raised. OP just raise it as suggested and it will certainly be fully investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 timtim1988

Hollyhill in cork city. It's a disgrace to be honest I contemplated sitting outside the take away and informing people but the owner seemed very aggressive and I didn't feel safe. Yes will give all details and would giving the food and hairs to if I knew I was going to be treated so badly when complaining. If anyone wants the name pm me as I know u can't name and shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

timtim1988 wrote: »
    Hollyhill in cork city. It's a disgrace to be honest I contemplated sitting outside the take away and informing people but the owner seemed very aggressive and I didn't feel safe. Yes will give all details and would giving the food and hairs to if I knew I was going to be treated so badly when complaining. If anyone wants the name pm me as I know u can't name and shame

Contact Joe, he'll sort you out.

Advertisement