Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia Stage 14 – May 24th, Agliè - Oropa 164km **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options
  • 23-05-2014 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭

Stage 14 – Saturday May 24th, Agliè - Oropa 164km (****)

It's the first real day in the mountains with a Cat. 3, Cat. 1, Cat. 2 and finishing with a Cat. 1 summit. There will be no hiding place for the GC riders.

Map:

tappa_dettagli_tecnici_planimetria_14.jpg?v=20140522163212

Profile:

tappa_dettagli_tecnici_altimetria_14.jpg?v=20140522163344

Alpe Noveis:

tappa_14_S01.jpg?v=%3C!--%20[an%20error%20occurred%20while%20processing%20this%20directive]%20%20--%3E

Bielmonte:

tappa_14_S02.jpg?v=%3C!--%20[an%20error%20occurred%20while%20processing%20this%20directive]%20%20--%3E

Santuario di Oropa:

tappa_14_S03.jpg?v=%3C!--%20[an%20error%20occurred%20while%20processing%20this%20directive]%20%20--%3E

Last kms:

ukm_14.jpg?v=%3C!--%20[an%20error%20occurred%20while%20processing%20this%20directive]%20%20--%3E

Weather - Agliè: Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 22C. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 kph. Oropa: Partly cloudy early followed mostly cloudy skies and a few snow showers later in the day. High 1C. Winds S at 10 to 15 kph. Chance of snow 30%.

Stage Betting: Nairo Quintana 9/2; Domenico Pozzovivo 9/2; Julian Arredondo 7/1; Diego Ulissi 14/1; Daniel Moreno 14/1; Rigoberto Uran 16/1; Rafal Majka 18/1; Cadel Evans 18/1.

***Live TV coverage on Eurosport1 from 11.45am*** Highlights on Sky Sports 2 at 8.30pm and Eurosport1 at 10.30pm. Note: Eurosport TV schedule is always liable to change without notice.

Live text ticker here.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

11.45 am TV starts...that's my day gone then

I think Ulissi is a high price ...don't expect him to last the duration

Hope Quintana goes for it tomorrow and get some time back

Maybe BMC will go for it on the last downhill with Sanchez & Evans

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

My outrageous prediction - Quintana to ride himself out of the running completely, Uran to make gains on everybody.

My outrageous prediction - Quintana to ride himself out of the running completely, Uran to make gains on everybody.

So how is your fantasy team doing then

MPFG wrote: »
    So how is your fantasy team doing then

I'm just letting the breakaway have a bit of a gap before reeling ye all in in the second half...

Bling was riding his last Giro stage with a fractured coccyx. Tough, tough lad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Rolland to win the stage. Quintana and Uran finish together but put +2 minutes into Evans.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Moreno or Landa I think for todays stage. nice prices both also. Pozzo wil take time back today I reckon also

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭daramike

I think it is 50-50 whether a break stays away, if it does I think Niemic 80/1 and Cardosa 300/1 would be my picks. If it comes down to the GC boys they really need to have Ullisi burnt off or it will be a formality win for him. I like Kelderman 40/1 and Durate 40/1 for the win.
    I think Pozzovivo can gain more time here if he puts the hammer down. I hope Quintana is over his sickness, eventhough the stage doesn't suit him, he needs to try something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

I'd say it'd have to be something exceptional to burn Uran off. If on form, as he clearly is, he's no mug in the mountains. Pozzovivo looks like he might have a bit of fire in his legs. I'd be surprised if Quintana can do something significant so soon after being under the weather.

Quintana is quite sick seemingly ...on antibiotics and has fever ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Hubert dupont to belatedly start his run of 7 consecutive stage wins and win me the velogames fantasy league

Nico's in the break! Loads and loads of riders in it. 3'30 is the gap, 136 to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Nico up the road again??

Nico's in the break! Loads and loads of riders in it. 3'30 is the gap, 136 to go.

Breakaway nearly as big as peloton

Paddigol wrote: »
    Nico up the road again??

Yep.....hard to stay away today again I think cos of the GC men wanting to make up time ..

Sean in good form today

" FDJ cannot carry Bouhanni over the mountains ...he has to pedal himself "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Yep.....hard to stay away today again I think cos of the GC men wanting to make up time ..

Would they not just take it handy until the last climb though - and then attack? No GC guys in the break so it makes no odds to them whether they stay away does it - and excuse to take it handy if anything? The real climbers will get chased down by the other teams if they go too early, and the rest would risk blowing up on the last big climb if they go too early? Or maybe I'm reading it all wrong. Hopefully exciting anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I hope Androni have a ****ing man up there this time.

At the moment peloton not letting them go too far at moment

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I hope Androni have a ****ing man up there this time.

They do! No danger of a repeat.

Brief shot of Kiserlovski executing a mid-cycle wee. Rank :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭daramike

Going by Roche's form in the last break he won't be doing much. Saying that if he did find a bit of form he hasn't much to fear out of this lot. Cataldo and Quinziato would be his big dangers.

The GC guys may need the bonus seconds ...( i am covering all bases)

Kelly saying Roche could do well if 'he keeps the head and doesn't attack too early'
    and breakaway stays away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Kelly just saying that the route for the last week of the giro is "frightening". That's saying something coming from one of the tougbest men ever to sit on a bike.

Its far more likely that roche is up the road in anticipation of a move by majka later

I don't know who is cuter ..Pozzovivo with his yellow glasses or Arredondo in his blue jersey...they are like little children riding with their dads

I don't know who is cuter ..Pozzovivo with his yellow glasses or Arredondo in his blue jersey...they are like little children riding with their dads

I think the exact same! Team Colombia look like a selection of U-14s they've let in for the experience

That crash was good news for the break....out to 5.40 now

OPQS are riding at front ???...as seen by how peloton is strung out
    Nor sure why

Break needs about 10 mins to hold I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

Paddigol wrote: »
    Would they not just take it handy until the last climb though - and then attack? No GC guys in the break so it makes no odds to them whether they stay away does it - and excuse to take it handy if anything? The real climbers will get chased down by the other teams if they go too early, and the rest would risk blowing up on the last big climb if they go too early? Or maybe I'm reading it all wrong. Hopefully exciting anyway!

They're likely to be chasing bonus seconds. Plus Pozzovivo and Quintana could easily close two minutes on a climb like the last on a tired breakaway.
    Also they may decide to ride hard to drop Ulissi on earlier climbs and not carry him up to a guaranteed victory.

• Advertisement

Gap is growing and growing..Over 8 minutes according to Hatch

Advertisement