Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding in Positano

• 23-05-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Maybe somebody out here can help me. Myself and my fiance are getting married in Positano next year. When we started looking into getting married in Italy, two travel agents and a whole host of people told us we have to be in Italy between 5 and 7 days before the wedding.

I e-mailed the priest who will be marrying us, and the local town council in Positano, and they have said that we can arrive the day before if we want, that there are no restrictions on the amount of days we need to be there in advance of the wedding.

Despite all this, we still have people telling us we have to be there 5 to 7 days in advance.

Is anyone out there getting married in Positano this year or next year that has been told any of the same info that I have?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Was at a wedding there in the church in positano and even attended the day before with the priest.

We did nothing the days before the wedding except do a rehearsal the day before where the priest asked for proof they had done the marriage course. They said the had and there word was enough, lol.

The next day the wedding coordinator arrived, went to the church for the wedding, did the paperwork and was never seen again.

Simples really.

As we flew with topflight I think we went for 7 nights exactly on a tour so arrived 3 days beforehand but that's only as a coincidence the way the charter flights operated.

One thing nobody has told you is about are the locals. They will make such a fuss of the bride afterwards. Most couples will head to the beach bars for one drink and all the owners bring you champagne. You have to walk the narrow streets down and all the locals women come to you and kiss you and wish you best, I assume as they are speaking Italian, it's surreal and a pleasure to see.

Beautiful church with yanks coming in saying "is this a real wedding", I did the video and you could hear them ask me many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Spiderman80884

Positano is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to! You guys will really love it. Make sure to hire a little car and tour the Amalfi coast - go south. Numerous beautiful little hamlets to stop for ice cream and coffee's. And the drive?!?!?!? Incredible!!! - Btw, I sing in a small two piece wedding band if you want to bring us over to entertain you guys and your guests, I'm sure can fit it into the diary!! :-)

Advertisement