Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT324 (Business Mgt) lvl6 progression to DT365 (Business&Mgt) lvl8

Options
  • 23-05-2014 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have both down on my CAO. Obviously I would rather the level 8 but Im not sure if I'll get it.

So, what I want to know is, should I do the Level 6 course, how long do I have to do before I progress to the Level 8? 1 year, 2? And when I do progress to the level 8 does that mean I have to do another 4 years on top of the 2 years in the level 6? I.e 6 years in college?!! :eek:
    Is doing this Level 6 a waste of time and should I just do a level 8 in a different college?
    I think I read I have to get 70% avg to do the level 8. Is this in ALL modules? And will this be very difficult?
    And how different is the level 6 to the level 8?

And FINALLY, does anyone have any experience of this course, the craic etc! :cool:

Thanks guys - confused.com!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Surely somebody has some knowledge of this! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

You do 2 years of the level 6. if you get over 70% avg in 2nd you get into 3rd year of any of the management courses, if you get between 60-70 you get into 2nd year of a management course.
    Its an easy enough course, nothing too hectic.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Feenix wrote: »
    You do 2 years of the level 6. if you get over 70% avg in 2nd you get into 3rd year of any of the management courses, if you get between 60-70 you get into 2nd year of a management course.
    Its an easy enough course, nothing too hectic.

So basically it's quite likely I'd be able to get into 3rd year of Business & Management?

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Hi,

I just finished DT365 (assuming I passed my exams!) a couple of the guys came in via the level 6 course.

If you get a 1.1 (above 70) at the end of the cert, you will progress to 3rd yr, a 2.1 you'll get into 2nd, and a 2.2 you might get into 2nd.

As far as I remember, our course co-ordinator said that if you get above 70 in a level 6, the college of business guarantees you a spot in a level 8 business course in DIT, so your chances of getting a spot are pretty high. If you work hard at it and get your first you'll be golden.

Just a thought to remember aswell, if you do the cert first, you'll come out with two qualifications, your level 6 and your level 8.

If you've any specific Qs about DT365 (now or in the future) give me a shout, I'll be happy to answer em for you.

Advertisement