Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunk Food Recipes...

Options
  • 23-05-2014 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

... When I first started going to pubs (mid 90s or thereabouts) this was quite a common concept amongst my peers (my drunken, drunken pissartist peers. basically you would come home from the boozer but missed the chippers and need a feeding.

I realise this is probably still very much a thing and the only reason I don't hear about it is because I'm 92 and I don't go out anymore but the post I want to start is - what's your peoples best coming home drunk recipes?

The rules are that the recipe should :
    Have no forethought (i.e if you knew you were going for drinks and pre-marinated some salmon)
    takes less than 15-20minutes (because people fall asleeep and that's how how cookers start fires)
    Not Compulsory but it should make you feel slightly ill the next day (not from food poisoning but just from thinking.. how could I eat that.)

Here's mine
    Fish Finger & waffle sambo.

Ingredients
    4 Fishfingers
    2 Waffles
    3 slices bread
    Mayonnaise (if you happen to have a small tub of garlic mayo from a previous pizza order this works well for both the flavour and spirit of this "recipe" let's charitably call it.)
    Brown Sauce
    slices of block cheddar cheese (or actually one of the few times where easi-singles can be considered food)

Method
    1) Place fish fingers and waffles under grill for as long as packet instructs (usually about 12 minutes turn over after 6)
    2) Meanwhile toast two slices of bread in pop-up toaster.
    3) When all is cocked slather one slice of toast and one side of bread in brown sauce.
    4) Lay out waffles with cheese on top of toasted bread and put un-toasted slice over that.
    5) Slather the top slice of bread an other toasted slice in mayonnaise.
    Lay out fishfingers and complete sandwich.

Cut diagonally if you wish to see the melty cheese in action but to be honest that always seems to me to be a bit more effort than this "recipe" deserves.

Comments

Toast and melted cheese is as far as my drunken meals go!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

1. Gather all leftovers, cheeses, breads and other foodstuffs
    2. Gather all your condiments
    3. Mix 1 and 2 in random combinations

That's it! But it only works if you're properly drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I love cooking drunk. One time I was walking back to a friends house after the pub. Popped into the 24 hour Tesco for supplies. I fried a thinly sliced onion, strips of chicken, a little chilli powder and some veg stock and threw into a pitta bread. My friends were amazed at how awesome it tasted.

I've never cooked that sober, so it could be a completely different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Ingredients:
    1 stick of Weetabix
    1 jar of marmalade

Recipe:
    Smother weetabix in marmalade.

EAT!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I used to always make Indian samosas when I came home drunk. Probably not the brightest idea, but extremely tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cheese on toast but with a thin layer of mashed potato and some marmite.
    Yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Once I had a sandwich consisting of white bread, loads of butter, spaghetti hoops, peas (?), fried mushrooms (?!) and cheese. (I think melty cheese should be compulsory in all of these recipes.)

In fact I made up two of them because I was that hungry, but only managed to eat one of them. My poor mother nearly puked the next morning when she came down and saw the other one on the kitchen table! A stinky greasy congealed mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

I was drunk and we may have accidentally set fire to a herb lying around that had strange affects on our appetite... anyways what transpired was we:

Take the chicken meant for tomorrows roast out of the fridge and prep as normal. Now, we couldn't go waking up the house making breadcrumbs for stuffing so we STUFFED ALL THE INGREDIENTS FOR A FULL IRISH BREAKFAST INTO THE CHICKEN.

At 5am all was cooked, I thought **** it, we're having stuffing and **** the housemates so I ended up kinda pureeing the "stuffing" by accident. Everything tasted like ****, the gravy was lumpy and nearly everyone went to bed instead of waiting so I sat alone at 6am eating the baconiest crispiest skin off a chicken ever!!!

TL:DR bacon, sausages and puddin flavoured chicken skin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Noodle sandwiches.
    One pack of McDonnells Super Noodles or a tub of Koka noodles.
    Cook them and then spoon a load of them between two slices of white bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Less of the language please. We have members of all ages using these forums.

Thanks,

tHB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Heroditas wrote: »
    Noodle sandwiches.

The dinner of champions right there!

I never cooked drunk but would regularly make chocolate spread sambos on white bread after a night out.

That reminds me of toasted chocolate sandwiches as a kid - no drink involved.
    They were awesome. Butter the outside of the bread, put a few squares of chocolate inside and into the sandwich toaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

1 deep baking dish. Layer of cheese and onion crisps, cheddar cheese, colemans mustard. Repeat until dish is full and throw in the oven until its its melted. :D

Overflow wrote: »
    1 deep baking dish. Layer of cheese and onion crisps, cheddar cheese, colemans mustard. Repeat until dish is full and throw in the oven until its its melted. :D

I just did a mini sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Airfryer + whole chicken + 35 minutes = entire roast chicken awesomeness !

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Heroditas wrote: »
    Noodle sandwiches.

How could I have forgotten this food of the gods?
    Only takes about three minutes to make too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

'Sandwiches' made from a digestive biscuit, a slice of blue cheese and a slice of apple or pear. Or digestive biscuits with peanut butter and Nutella.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Nearly forget to mention Ho-Hoos a drunken concoction I came up with last summer......

Basically get two digestive biscuits, smother one in peanut butter, the other with raspberry jam and then cover both in that cream you spray from a can. Stick them together like a heart attack sandwich and devour..........

Messy awesomeness right there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

frag420 wrote: »
    Nearly forget to mention Ho-Hoos a drunken concoction I came up with last summer......

Basically get two digestive biscuits, smother one in peanut butter, the other with raspberry jam and then cover both in that cream you spray from a can. Stick them together like a heart attack sandwich and devour..........

Messy awesomeness right there!!

Sounds great apart from the aerosol cream...wrong, just wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭unjedilike

When I'm drunk I tend to wake up to see that I've cooked a casserole. Normally no recollection of cooking it though

• Advertisement

I remember going into my brother's room after a night out and he had a half eaten sausage sandwich stuck to his back!
    He almost always cooked after drinking, and the only evidence would be the mess in the kitchen, or bits of it left in his bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

stmol32 wrote: »
    takes less than 15-20minutes (because people fall asleeep and that's how how cookers start fires)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rustlers#Eat_Late_Eat_Safe_campaign
    Eat Late Eat Safe campaign[edit]
    In 2007 the (Rustlers) brand became associated with the "Eat Late Eat Safe" campaign. This is an effort by UK fire services to spread awareness about the dangers of cooking while under the influence of alcohol, particularly aimed at university students. The brand is particularly suitable for this purpose because of its reliance on microwave ovens, which are generally regarded as less likely to cause fires. Rustlers' involvement in the cause involves a section linking to the campaign's site on its own website, and the distribution of free samples and money-off coupons during a tour of UK universities. The campaign's awareness leaflets are given out with the samples and coupons.

I left fishfingers on a george foreman grill before and they were frazzled in the morning, there would be no fire hazard with them. I like the philips airfryer since it is timed.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

164363_480318649564_6948106_n.jpg

Koka noodle omelette. It tasted as gross as it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Two slices of white bread with real butter, Ham and Cheese and Onion crisps

Winner dinner !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

vicwatson wrote: »

Winner dinner !
    One of my guilty pleasures. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

My friend and I once cooked a frozen pizza and two packets of instant curry noodles. We put the noodles on top of the pizza and ate it. So vile in hindsight but we thought we were Jamie Oliver at the time. Rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

As a singleton my post-pub pissup ritual was a kebab, usually from Abra-kebabra but anywhere that sold kebabs would do. I would normally get into bed, eat until I was full, and put what was left of the kebab into my bedside drawer. The next morning it was not uncommon for me to retrieve said kebab from the drawer and polish it off for my breakfast. I stopped this habit when one morning after a feed of pints, I am munching through my kebab, when a realization suddenly hits me. This isnt the one from last night. :eek:

vicwatson wrote: »

Winner dinner !
    One of my guilty pleasures. :)

No need to be drunk for that one.

My slightly posh variation - Hunky Dory smoky bacon crisps with Lidl serrano ham in decent sourdough bread. Heaven:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

mini pizza in a toasted cheesh sandwitch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

syklops wrote: »
    As a singleton my post-pub pissup ritual was a kebab, usually from Abra-kebabra but anywhere that sold kebabs would do. I would normally get into bed, eat until I was full, and put what was left of the kebab into my bedside drawer. The next morning it was not uncommon for me to retrieve said kebab from the drawer and polish it off for my breakfast. I stopped this habit when one morning after a feed of pints, I am munching through my kebab, when a realization suddenly hits me. This isnt the one from last night. :eek:

Footage from the scene

ibRh3W.png

Advertisement