Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Query

Options
  • 23-05-2014 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated. I moved into rented accommodation midway through 2013. Upon signing the lease , the agreement was for one tenant to be made the account holder on our electricity account. Said individual was named as account holder and her personal details, along with her bank details were made available to Electric Ireland via our accommodation agency. It was understood that we would pay her  our share of the bill upon each bill's arrival but that she was responsible and the money would be removed from her bank account.

Due to certain issues with housemates affecting my health, I had no other option but to move out at the beginning of March. Since then, I have had no information as regards bills etc.  Neither did I provide Electric Ireland with my details, or permit my accommodation agency to pass my details (including my family home address) to any third party without my permission.
    I have received a rather alarming bill in the mail recently (to my home address), along with numerous phone calls from an unknown number (only when I search engined the number did I realize it was Electric Ireland, sorry guys!!) and I am just wondering is there anything I can do, as this bill is nothing to do with me?
    I am not and never was the account holder and would have expected it was their responsibility to ensure the bill was paid?
    If this is not the case, there are two other tenants who can be expected to foot the bill.

Any help would be much much appreciated :) 
    Thank you so much, I'm really sorry for the long winded post.
    Kind regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi EsMcC,

Thanks for your post.
    EsMcC wrote:
    I am not and never was the account holder and would have expected it was their responsibility to ensure the bill was paid?

Only the named account holder(s) can be held liable for any outstanding amounts. You were definitely never added to the account (you would have had to give your permission)?

If you like I can look into this further if you send what details you have by private message. Please note that if you are not a named account holder, I would be unable to discuss the account with you. However I would be able to confirm whether you are on the account one way or the other.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement