Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBA Vs PhD

Options
  • 23-05-2014 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

I cant make up my mind whether to apply for a Doctor of Business in WIT or a PhD in management with a UK Uni. My MSc is management which I'm glad I chose over an MBA as my preference is the theoretical side of management.

However I have many years business management experience (10 years) which I think would be invaluable.

Advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Voltex wrote: »
    I cant make up my mind whether to apply for a Doctor of Business in WIT or a PhD in management with a UK Uni. My MSc is management which I'm glad I chose over an MBA as my preference is the theoretical side of management.

However I have many years business management experience (10 years) which I think would be invaluable.

Advice?

A PhD is for a professional scholar, a doctorate is for a scholarly professional.

That's one interpretation of the differences, so the question is, which are you?

Advertisement