Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Essays: Swap 'em if ya got 'em

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭PaleMoonlight

mariecxx wrote: »
    does anyone else have that horrible feeling that stalin/lenin wont come up? :/

I actually had a dream last night I was in the history exam and Lenin came up with some question like 'Who was Lenin? What did he do?' I hope its a sign :P
    But seriously I'm really worried they wont come up, I do have other things prepared but I would really like a question on Russia but it's bound to be absent some year, hopefully it won't be this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fionnacake

Hitler didn't come up last year so I'm afraid that this year Lenin/Stalin will be no-shows. They weren't on my mock :/ which I know doesn't mean that much, but still... All we can do is hope :o and cram the other dictators I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thedumbone

Can i have any essay tho? I got like 60% on every topic :| and overall if not the essays ill get b or even a with the project

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭LiverpoolLad95

fionnacake wrote: »
    Hitler didn't come up last year so I'm afraid that this year Lenin/Stalin will be no-shows. They weren't on my mock :/ which I know doesn't mean that much, but still... All we can do is hope :o and cram the other dictators I guess

Hitler came up indirectly, so heres hoping. Every three years Lenin and Stalin come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

i dont really want stalin to come up :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Jackson07 wrote: »
    For the America topic I have no idea what to study what is everybody studying?

As a history teacher, my advice is that you ensure that you know the case studies well for the topic. Read the questions carefully. I had a student during a trial exam, who answered a question on Stalin and completely disregarded the fact that they asked about Lenin as well due to the fact that they were desperate for Stalin to come up, so be very careful. Timing is major, you have a lot to write in this exam, so pace yourself accordingly. Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

fionnacake wrote: »

You can never base it on that logic, fionnacake. I would be prepared for both Hitler and Stalin/Lenin

You can never base it on that logic, fionnacake. I would be prepared for both Hitler and Stalin/Lenin

Irish Eyes, could tell me all the Parnell essays?

I've got contributions to Land Reform, Strength and Weaknesses and the Elections. Anything else?

ejayy wrote: »
    i dont really want stalin to come up :P

Blasphemy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

Blasphemy :P

Nope the only essay I am learning to do with stalin is his 5 year plans! I'm learning the likes of harrow Nuremberg , hitlers foreign policy, advances in tech etc :P

What u learning?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 griffin246

could you send the your essay on the moon landing and the nazi propaganda? I have an essay on;
    To what extent did Germanys social and economic problems lead to the rise of Hitler
    church state relations germany and italy
    Hitlers aggresive foreign policy (93%)
    impact of vietnam on johnson presidency
    martin luther king and civil rights movement
    all essay are to a high A standard and im also wondering does anyone have an essay on Truman essay

does anyone have any ideas whats coming up under movements for political and social reform? i think parnell but what else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

griffin246 wrote: »
    does anyone have any ideas whats coming up under movements for political and social reform? i think parnell but what else?

Land league and home rule especially the land acts which followed the league and davitt part in the league itself

Need a Land Reform essay, please people. Can swap Parnell Strength and Weaknesses (A1), Rise of Fascism (A1), Nazi Persecutrion (A2), and I have a load others, just ask!

Ace_Ace wrote: »
    Could i look at your two Stalin essays?
    i have a moon landings impact one 95%
    Church State Relations 88%
    Nazi charachteristics 90%
    and various others,
    im doing Nothern Ireland however so im of no use for Political movements :)
    if anyone had a good sunningdale that would be appreciated :)

could i take a look at your moon landing essay i have assays on characteristics of fascism, german economic and social problemsand rise of Nazis, Hitlers F.P leading to ww2, how did mussolini conduct his F.P

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jackson07

Does anyone have any good NI civil rights essay? I have some good essay A standard on hitler Stalin moon landings etc Pm please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 eoin14

If anyone has an 'A' essay on Technology and Warfare I'd be happy to swap

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Only6days

Have the following essays to swap :
    Nazi state characteristics
    What was the importance for US foreign policy of one or more of the following: Berlin; Korea; Cuba?
    Why did the Americans Lose the Vietnam war?
    Which president was more successful in his handling of US foreign policy, Harry Truman or Lyndon Johnson? Argue your case, referring to both.
    How did dictators use propaganda and/or terror to maintain their power?
    How successful did German governments deal with the social and economic problems of the period 1920 – 1939 ?

In particular I am looking for essays on the following:
    - Civil rights in the US (Montgomery bus boycott etc.)
    - The American economy
    - Church - state relations (Hitler and Mussolini)
    - Sunningdale, Anglo Irish agreement etc.
    - Internal and external policies of Benito Mussolini

Please pm me :)

Advertisement