Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proraso Shaving Cream

Options
  • 24-05-2014 2:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Got a tube of this (the 150ml with menthol and eucalyptus) today as the old Palmolive tubes have disappeared off shop shelves (as an aside - anyone know what happened to it? The shave sticks are still available at least).

It gave an absolutely fantastic shave, and it lathered beautifully too. However, it feels like the menthol and eucalyptus smell is just lingering in my nostrils. Yes, it's a clean smell, but it's more "sterilised hospital" than "good barber shop". There's a very old fashioned musk about it that just isn't pleasant.

What are the other Proraso creams like in comparison?

Ta :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Only ever used the green and the red. The red has a sandelwood scent but I'm not that gone on it. Much better sandelwood scents available in my opinion. With Proraso I only stick with the green.

If you want a real menthol blast try the Proraso green pre shave, the Proraso green shave cream and then to finish things off the green Proraso post shave lotion. It will blow your face off. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭jpb1974

The white version has a light, fresh scent.. slight lemony scent if my memory serves me correctly.

I like the red, woody but not sandalwood-y... if that makes sense.

There's the blue also, I'll see can I dig mine out as I can't remember off the top of my head how it smells.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

The blue one is great. It's Aloe and Vitamin E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Amataratsu

jpb1974 wrote: »
    The white version has a light, fresh scent.. slight lemony scent if my memory serves me correctly.

Ooohh this sounds right up my alley.

In fairness to the green, the smell didn't last too long (still longer than I'd have liked) and when I woke up today my skin felt fantastic.

Advertisement