Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this Camper ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

Looking for camper at the moment, compact with enough sleeping spots for 4 here in NL.

Any comments on this one ?
    http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/caravans-en-kamperen/campers-possl/m811293747-fiat-ducato-possl-muticamp-prachtige-camper-1998.html?c=3c1f5dcc18d02a99040ca8de656940d2&previousPage=lr

Also was looking at this one:
    http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/caravans-en-kamperen/campers-westfalia/m805261691-ford-nugget-westfalia-met-airco.html?c=3c1f5dcc18d02a99040ca8de656940d2&previousPage=lr

But I'm unsure of the lifting roof type setup, seems like an area that could be a weak spot for leaks and so on, but on the plus side it means I could use most normal car parks.

4 adults? Most of those beds in the roof would be designed for children. I would lean towards the transit. They are very simple to maintain and really economical on diesel. Be careful of rust on the them. If you get a good solid one it'll last forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 stan07

I have something that might interest you......I have just listed my camper on donedeal.
    Its the mk2 transit camper 1985.
    Sorry but admin won,t let me post the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

stan07 wrote: »
    I have something that might interest you......I have just listed my camper on donedeal.
    Its the mk2 transit camper 1985.
    Sorry but admin won,t let me post the link.

If you list it on adverts.ie you should be able to post the link here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 stan07

Sorry not listed on Adverts.
    But search donedeal it was listed 2 days ago !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Looking for camper at the moment, compact with enough sleeping spots for 4 here in NL..

Purely out of interest, if you import a camper, into NL, will you have to pay import duty/registration tax ?, if so how does it work compared with the laughable system here.

For "laughable" also read "pathetic".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Purely out of interest, if you import a camper, into NL, will you have to pay import duty/registration tax ?, if so how does it work compared with the laughable system here.

Same as here your exempt if its your own vehicle and youve owned it for at least six months but you cant sell for another 12months. Ireland vrt is about 4 times cheaper than Denmark so not that laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Its almost the exact same, you pay the equivalent which is called BPM.

Although I'm living in NL and looking to buy in NL.

TBH now I'm thinking about doing a conversion myself ! :)

moodrater wrote: »
    Same as here your exempt if its your own vehicle and youve owned it for at least six months but you cant sell for another 12months. Ireland vrt is about 4 times cheaper than Denmark so not that laughable.

When I say laughable/pathetic, I'm more referring to the method of calculating whereby they just seem to close their eyes, think of a number and then possibly double it. There never seems to be any hard and fast rules.

keithclancy,
    are you able, in NL, to find out in advance how much duty would be payable?.

It would be very simple, for the powers that be, to build a data base from the prices that campers go for, not asking price, on the various internet sites and from dealers.

But I'm going off topic here, sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

When I say laughable/pathetic, I'm more referring to the method of calculating whereby they just seem to close their eyes, think of a number and then possibly double it. There never seems to be any hard and fast rules.

keithclancy,
    are you able, in NL, to find out in advance how much duty would be payable?.

It would be very simple, for the powers that be, to build a data base from the prices that campers go for, not asking price, on the various internet sites and from dealers.

But I'm going off topic here, sorry about that.

No, you kind of have to price it off the cost of Van if you were to import it, its something around that but they charge extra for Aircon, leather seats, electric windows etc. The open market selling price is what they say it is. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Moomat wrote: »
    4 I would lean towards the transit.

I'd be the opposite and recommend the Ducato.
    Contrary to here in Ireland, they are plentyful on the continent and held in pretty high regard, with a decent service infrastructure.

They are also by far the most popular base vehicle for factory camper conversions, meaning there's a lot of choice.

The one on the ad would be a tad cramped for four adults though, you'd need the longer wheelbase really.

• Advertisement

No, you kind of have to price it off the cost of Van if you were to import it, its something around that but they charge extra for Aircon, leather seats, electric windows etc. The open market selling price is what they say it is. :mad::mad:

OMSP, the same system as here, the problem is that they don't seem to have any guidlines as to the value of campers, converted of otherwise. Everyone that I've spoken to, who appealed the figure asked for, including myself, got a reduction/refund of around 18%-20%.

I've yet to hear of anyone appealing and losing. I'm sure I will now though:)

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Advertisement