Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any news from the Count Centre??

Options
  • 24-05-2014 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi, unfortunately, I couldn't go in to the count centre.
    Just wondering if anyone has any news from there?

Whos gone?
    Who has gotten in?

Any candidates surprisingly elected?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Mad Bull wrote: »
    Hi, unfortunately, I couldn't go in to the count centre.
    Just wondering if anyone has any news from there?

Whos gone?
    Who has gotten in?

Any candidates surprisingly elected?

AFAIk, we'll definitely know who's got in sometime around late afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mad Bull

Hopefully there will be a big shake up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    AFAIk, we'll definitely know who's got in sometime around late afternoon.
    Try tomorrow :)

We'll know who the first seats are going to, but it's going to be a long night for the remainder, especially with requests for recounts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

john hearn of sinn féin is a definate winner of first seat anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I think John Carey and Davy Daniels are elected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Silverado

Jason Murphy Fianna Fail has been elected for Waterford city south.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/elections/local-elections/waterford

I wonder why it's called Waterford City South when it would be more fitting to call it Waterford City Central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/elections/local-elections/waterford

I wonder why it's called Waterford City South when it would be more fitting to call it Waterford City Central.

Or Waterford city left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

LOL @ that a child gets in because of sentiment.

No wonder I don't vote, the voters in this country and invariably thick as the wall.

mozattack wrote: »

No wonder I don't vote, the voters in this country and invariably thick as the wall.
    I think FF could have ran a mental patient and they still would have got in, such was the tide against the Government parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Ironic of you to call anyone who voted thick. Imagine if you and all the others that don't bother to vote actually did? You all could have made some difference and it would be better than you pissing and moaning about the outcome on here.

AdMMM wrote: »
    I think FF could have ran a mental patient and they still would have got in, such was the tide against the Government parties.

Sure FF are as bad . People have short memories if they are voting for them.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Ironic of you to call anyone who voted thick. Imagine if you and all the others that don't bother to vote actually did? You all could have made some difference and it would be better than you pissing and moaning about the outcome on here.

I wouldn't have even replied to that post , as he/she has no right to be moaning about the outcome if they couldn't even be arsed to go out and vote.

lertsnim wrote: »

SO SICK AND TIRED OF THESE LAME COMMENTS.

It is NOT better for the country for those with limited knowledge to vote... all that happens then is people vote for maybe someone who called to the door, someone who will fix the pot-hole at the end of the road or an anti-establishment vote (which we have experienced).

Unless you have a good understanding of the parties and the candidates my opinion is that you shouldn't vote as doing so just skews the results.

Mad Bull wrote: »
    I wouldn't have even replied to that post , as he/she has no right to be moaning about the outcome if they couldn't even be arsed to go out and vote.

{another illogical response}

Lets get this straight; so if I call to the school and lob in some votes I can moan whereas someone who has the cop on to not vote on the basis of not being able to make an informed decision has no right to comment.

Sure...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

AdMMM wrote: »

Ah now, credit where it's due but Fianna Fail are back on the up. It's not an anti-establishment/government vote when you vote Fianna Fail.

It was essentially FF getting back a lot of their past supporters who voted FG/Lab in the 2011 election. Phil Hogan even referred to these as borrowed voters, so they really could have run anyone in some constituencies (they would have to have been past FF strongholds) and they would have got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

SO SICK AND TIRED OF THESE LAME COMMENTS.

More irony from your good self.

• Advertisement

{another illogical response}

Lets get this straight; so if I call to the school and lob in some votes I can moan whereas someone who has the cop on to not vote on the basis of not being able to make an informed decision has no right to comment.

Sure...
    Its not because people have the cop on not to vote , it's because most of the people that don't vote just couldn't be arsed.
    They are the ones that shouldn't be giving out about the state of things.

Advertisement