Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earth's-Edge

Options
  • 24-05-2014 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I was thinking of climbing Kilimanjaro this Autumn and was looking to book with this group Earth's Edge (I'm unable to post the link so pls google)

I was wondering has anybody every booked any trip with them before. The payment options for paying the deposit are Cheque, Credit Card (via electronic invoice), or Bank transfer. I'm just a little apprehensive about paying a deposit and finding out it is some sort of scam.

Or can anybody recommend a good group to go with. I will most likely be travelling on my own

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Q&A

I was thinking of climbing Kilimanjaro this Autumn and was looking to book with this group Earth's Edge (I'm unable to post the link so pls google)

I was wondering has anybody every booked any trip with them before. The payment options for paying the deposit are Cheque, Credit Card (via electronic invoice), or Bank transfer. I'm just a little apprehensive about paying a deposit and finding out it is some sort of scam.

Or can anybody recommend a good group to go with. I will most likely be travelling on my own

Thanks

I can vouch for them. Climbed Kilimanjaro in January with them. Well run organisation from what I can see. Had no worries with the trip. From training weekend a couple of months before to extending my stay ( recommend going to Zanzibar and a safari if you can stretch to it) they were excellent. I know others in my group who's flights were cancelled and they sorted them out with accommodation and flights for the next day. They look after pretty much all of the logistics.

The lodge where we stayed was lovely and the local team climbing with us were good as well. On my climb there were 19 of us and we were well looked after including 2 doctors.

They often hold talks in the great outdoors and 53 degrees north so you could chat to them as well if you were worried. So handy having everything sorted and flying from Ireland. For what its worth I'd happily recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NickSantigo

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated

Advertisement