Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

standard BB upgrade to Efibre

Options
  • 24-05-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭

I am trying to upgrade as above but when i do the online availability checker it states that there is efibre in my area but my line is not enabled.
    Anyway to rectify this?
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Had the same thing. Had to wait about 2 months for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

seanin4711 wrote: »
    I am trying to upgrade as above but when i do the online availability checker it states that there is efibre in my area but my line is not enabled.
    Anyway to rectify this?
    John
    Hi John,

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I can confirm that the availability and coverage of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where it is available upon exchange upgrade[/font].

While the map indicates that efibre is available to areas located within the shaded green area this is not the case and works to roll out cabinets to areas within the shaded green zone is set to continue in to the future. There is a message located beside the map stating:

[font=Times New Roman","serif]"Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker"[/font]

Do feel free to PM me your landline number and address and I will check coverage and plans for your specific area/address.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement