Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

triathy

Options
  • 24-05-2014 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does anyone know if you can switch from Olympic to Sprint in Arty or is it too late? No number on-line and email sent but no response. Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im waiting on a response to an email for two weeks. Good luck with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

I think from reading feedback over the last few years, they are fairly poor on responding to e-mails etc. You might end up at the Olympic distance after all.

Well they are following up on emails, my query got sorted by a very helpful guy just this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Oryx wrote: »
    Well they are following up on emails, my query got sorted by a very helpful guy just this evening.

Arthur@triathy.com

Very nice man, Arthur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

anyone have an idea of what time the double olympic and oly waves are off at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

miller82 wrote: »
    anyone have an idea of what time the double olympic and oly waves are off at ?

Its all here:

http://my.triathy.ie/2014downloads/TriAthy2014-Outline%20Schedule.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Still no waves!!

• Advertisement

waves are up, but like everty other year, their website has crashed.

they are on facebook. in Wave 6. would have liked to be heading off earlier, but thats the luck of the draw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I signed up for the (evening!) sprint for some reason, hopefully I'll be finishing in daylight. Going to be a long day..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Basster wrote: »
    I signed up for the (evening!) sprint for some reason, hopefully I'll be finishing in daylight. Going to be a long day..

i was in the very last wave last year. you'll be done in daylight..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Really looking forward to it. There are 911 people in the Sprint!!! <Gulp>

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

i see registration finishes at 8.30 or so, does that mean you have to have bike etc set up or can that be done later in the day

im in wave 7 of the sprint, so will be a bit of a wait from 8.30 am to 6pm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

there is a second registration in the afternoon i am pretty sure

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

There is registration from 12 to 2.30 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

miller82 wrote: »
    . in Wave 6.

Same as myself then!

Wave 5 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Was in for a swim there on Tuesday and again today.. was grand, not cold at all.

• Advertisement

Briando wrote: »
    Was in for a swim there on Tuesday and again today.. was grand, not cold at all.

did you do it sunday?

Was there wednesday, how did you find the flow?

Not that I'll be bothering them in this respect, but am I reading it right that the winner of the Double Oly Gets €140, Olympic gets €125 & Sprint gets €100.00 - seems tight for a race of this stature.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ructions

Wave 5 for me. Looking forward to it. Prizes always seem tight to me for these corporate big races. At lough cutra last weekend some of the prizes were 50% off next year race that's just brutal if you ask me.

ructions wrote: »
    50% off next year race .
    Thats not a prize, thats a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Thats not a prize, thats a joke.

Depends how expensive the entry fee is ;) Seriously that is pretty poor, but it's not too far off the Athy prizes.

Athy would take in over €120k in race entry fees*, plus sponsorship monies. It gives back from what I can see less than €1k in prizes. Someone somewhere is potentially making a lot of money from this, so kudos to them. People seem to like this race for some reason.

*Sprint has approx 725 entries
    Olympic has approx 753 entries
    Double Olympic has approx 209 entries
    Tri Athy has approx 222 entries

griffin100 wrote: »
    Depends how expensive the entry fee is ;) Seriously that is pretty poor, but it's not too far off the Athy prizes.

Athy would take in over €120k in race entry fees*, plus sponsorship monies. It gives back from what I can see less than €1k in prizes. Someone somewhere is potentially making a lot of money from this, so kudos to them. People seem to like this race for some reason.

*Sprint has approx 725 entries
    Olympic has approx 753 entries
    Double Olympic has approx 209 entries
    Tri Athy has approx 222 entries
    They used to give AG prizes too, if they still do it increases the prize fund.

The overall fund is about 5k (the age group prizes in the Olympic distance make up most of it).

They say in the briefing that the Olympic distance winner actually gets €330 - They get both AG and winners prize (however, when added these only come to €185.00 - something wrong there - I wonder if that's a "copy and paste" error from last year?

Anyway, its still a ****e prize for the M and F winner (€185.00).

Edit - The above should be read in line with the statement in the briefing - prizes may be cash or vouchers!!

Anyway - more importantly for us mere mortals and so as i can sleep tonight - has the flow on the river eased from last week? - anyone get a look?

• Advertisement

Podge83 wrote: »
    Anyway - more importantly for us mere mortals and so as i can sleep tonight - has the flow on the river eased from last week? - anyone get a look?

i really hope so, and temperature has increased by about 10 degrees. i was hoping a laundry factory would open up up-stream and pump out some nice warm water into the river

Advertisement