Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

triathy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looking forward to tomorrow. Did the Olympic last year, Double Olympic this year. The water there is lovely, wasn't too warm or cold last year, the flow will be behind ya for half the race anyway so it'll balance out. The road route is lovely, looking forward to an 80k cycle with no cars to worry about. The run, I'm not so keen on, lots of dodgy surface, but we'll get there.

Best of luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Was looking forward to my first triathlon (sprint) of the year tomorrow but absolutely dosed with the cold! Sickened!

My girlfriend's taking part so will be down for the day anyway, taking photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Looking forward to tomorrow. Did the Olympic last year, Double Olympic this year. The water there is lovely, wasn't too warm or cold last year, the flow will be behind ya for half the race anyway so it'll balance out. The road route is lovely, looking forward to an 80k cycle with no cars to worry about. The run, I'm not so keen on, lots of dodgy surface, but we'll get there.

Best of luck everyone!

The middle section of the cycle is rotten. When you turn of the athy-carlow road until you hit the athy-castledermot road. its horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Best of luck everyone!

Shedite, is this the big blow out before Austria? You going to use it as a training session or going to race it?

Best of luck, I'll be in amongst the group there somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭splanagan22

What will the entry roads to athy be like tomorrow. I'm in the sprint and in wave 6 but don't want to be down there waiting all day, was planning on being there for about 1-2. Will this be possible.

• Advertisement

Shedite, is this the big blow out before Austria? You going to use it as a training session or going to race it?
    Yeah this is the main trial run. Gonna race the swim and cycle, then take it easy on the run. That's the plan anyway, we'll see how that pans out. Best of luck to you too

By the way, starting waves for 3 of the races are in groups of 80-90ppl, Double Olympic has 208 in the one wave. Should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

pauldoo wrote: »
    did you do it sunday?

Yes, did it Sunday. I was in again today and it was not cold. Level of water in river has dropped again, still a nice flow out in the middle but its definitely easing off. I comfortably swam the sprint distance tonight, easier than last sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Anyone know is it possible to transfer an entry to someone else on the day? All I can see on the website/docs is there's no refunds and I can't race today.

I should have worn sunscreen

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

God I would have loved to do this today. Great day for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Results up here.

http://t.co/cAmWQRAvQo

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

You and me both. Completely forgot about it and scalded now.

Won't be forgetting it going to Austria.

How did you get on today?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Diverted from pipers to Order of Malta van for the dose of sunscreen!!!

Great day, well organised race, Still a ****e run, still a few dodgy spots on "technical" section of bike, nice buzz about.

Did people think there was much of a flow in the river?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Podge83 wrote: »

This was my fourth time in Athy and the flow was definitely stronger than ever today. Had to work just to stay put for the start!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Flow was fine compared to last weekend. But apparently a lot of people needed help getting out etc.

Fair play to the organisers. Terrific day and all seemed to run v smoothly. First Tri completed!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Couple of dodge times in the double. 55min 20k run total I don't think so. Will they fix them over the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Podge83 wrote: »
    Diverted from pipers to Order of Malta van for the dose of sunscreen!!!

Great day, well organised race, Still a ****e run, still a few dodgy spots on "technical" section of bike, nice buzz about.

No where near as bad as last Sunday, these are my only 2 open water swims so haven't much to compare. Took me 24 mins last week and 12 this week. Was more bout the cold last week for me

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

3102derek wrote: »
    Couple of dodge times in the double. 55min 20k run total I don't think so. Will they fix them over the next few days

My run is comin in at 16 mins for the 5km, couldn't do that if I was on roller blades

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

EC1000 wrote: »
    This was my fourth time in Athy and the flow was definitely stronger than ever today. Had to work just to stay put for the start!

Today was my first time in the Barrow. I did the Double Oly and I'm fairly inexperienced outside of the pool. It was a great learning experience. Interesting mind battle fighting the flow.... Moving so slow but the downstream was great fun.

Did anybody leave food/bottle with the marshalls? I went to pick up mine at 70 km but nobody knew anything about it. Messed my gel strategy a bit.

I'll be a regular on this in future. Really enjoyed the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Great day out today, marshalls were alert & informative (good job Trilogy), road surface good for the bike. Saw surprisingly little / no drafting. Growled at one guy to get off my wheel at one point, and he obliged. Run surface wasn't fast but it'd be boring if all races were the same. Nice bit of grub after and the weather obviously a big help. Got around the sprint in 1:12:05.
    Progress for me, happy with it.

Only cons were the late start for the sprint (but knew this advance so can't really complain as I chose to sign up). Just a little difficult killing 3+ hours after registration. And they need to get that website sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭marchino

Just wondering did anyone else get the 5k run course a bit long?.
    Great day, lovely weather.
    Good atmosphere all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Not particularly, I had it at 5.11km so close enough.

Basster wrote: »
    Not particularly, I had it at 5.11km so close enough.

Okay.
    What would that account for in seconds? (aprox!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

That run course is gettin worse by the year, too narrow and very dodgy under foot, my already tender calf sang out in protest all run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

That run course is gettin worse by the year, too narrow and very dodgy under foot, my already tender calf sang out in protest all run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

marchino wrote: »
    Okay.
    What would that account for in seconds? (aprox!)

approx 25.32 seconds

approx 25.32 seconds

Haha ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭AnswerIs42

I was doing the Olympic and during the briefing, I though I heard the Marshall say you aren't allowed to eat during the bike leg. Something about safety and how your hands must be on the handlebars at all times.

Did I hear that right or mix it up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

AnswerIs42 wrote: »
    I was doing the Olympic and during the briefing, I though I heard the Marshall say you aren't allowed to eat during the bike leg. Something about safety and how your hands must be on the handlebars at all times.

Did I hear that right or mix it up?

I think there was a dump point at the turn about so I think you might have misheard.

Advertisement