Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Function Room/Hall to rent in Cork

Options
  • 24-05-2014 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Looking for a function room/hall close to cork city that lets you bring your own caterers and has a bar ? Any ideas ? Or a even a pub with a room that holds up to 80 people ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Garryduff sports centre in Rochestown has a good size room with its own bar and allows outside catering. It's not too far from the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Kate!!! wrote: »
    Looking for a function room/hall close to cork city that lets you bring your own caterers and has a bar ? Any ideas ? Or a even a pub with a room that holds up to 80 people ?

Do you need outside catering or would you be happy to use the Venues kitchen.
    If so i can suggest a few nice options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Na Piarsaigh in Fairhill have a decent sized function room. They do allow you to bring your own caterers. My niece had her 21st there and my SiL brought in hot food catering. Tel: 430 6549. And of course they do have a bar! :D

If you're bringing your own caterers, it's important you check their public liability insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

River lane blarney street free dj as well upstairs and private

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Thorin

I'm also looking for a function room somewhere near the city, for around 30 people. Kitchen or bar facilities would be a plus. It's for a family event, so a nice room with a bit of light would be best. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Kate!!! wrote: »

Any preference on rough location ?

The Blackrock Inn has a function room upstairs with a bar & I'm pretty sure that they are ok with outside caterers.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Thorin wrote: »
    I'm also looking for a function room somewhere near the city, for around 30 people. Kitchen or bar facilities would be a plus. It's for a family event, so a nice room with a bit of light would be best. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Flying enterprise on Sullivans Quay or i am sure most of the hotels such as the Imperial would be ideal and more private.
    What age group ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Thorin

It's mostly an older group, in their late 60s. I've looked in to hotels, but they seem pretty expensive (€400 for a room and some finger food). Was hoping bars or function rooms would be a bit more cost effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Thorin wrote: »
    It's mostly an older group, in their late 60s. I've looked in to hotels, but they seem pretty expensive (€400 for a room and some finger food). Was hoping bars or function rooms would be a bit more cost effective.

Garryduff is a good option as there is plenty of green space for kids if it's a family gathering

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Any GAA complex in the city will be able to accommodate you, and would be much cheaper then going to a hotel etc.

If you want somewhere close to the city try,
    Blackrock
    Douglas
    Nemo
    St.Finbarrs
    Glen
    Na Piarsaigh

The GAA clubs would have no problem with an outside cater once he is insured etc.

You could try a rugby club as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

tough one was google lately and came across the cricket club near the mardyke that could be one. Pfizers in Ringaskiddy also all but the bar I would think but that is a bit outside the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Spailpin Fanacht might suit.

Advertisement