Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Successfully Conceived - My Journey!

Options
  • 24-05-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi all,

I just wanted to share my experience and journey towards my pregnancy.

My husband and I were trying to conceive for two years. I was at my wits end!!! Stressed to the hills!

I have endometriosis and have had several surgeries over the last 10 years. Conceiving naturally was becoming less probable and we began to look down the fertility route.

Firstly I has a HSG procedure to explore whether my tubes were blocked. I had a positive outcome from this - my tubes were clear.

My husband had a semen analysis and all was normal.

At the time, the next step was to consult with fertility clinic options and we were at the stage of exploring which clinics were out there and what services they offered.

Then in January 2014, I had a terrible pain on my left side (experience led me to believe that I had another cyst).

At work one day, I heard about a priest in Clarinbridge Co. Galway (Fr. Keane) who was known to have a healing gift. We thought it wouldn't hurt to try? We went to a mass one Saturday night to see what Fr. Keane could do. He blessed many people that night and I was one of them. He could identify the problem even though I never mentioned my issue. He blessed me and told me that I was healed. I walked away feeling happy (...but maybe a little uncertain).

Monday morning, while at work, the pain worsened and I had to go to my gyne in Galway. He scanned me and was shocked to see how big my cyst had got. He scheduled me for surgery straight-away and I had the cyst removed.

I spend a few weeks recovering and in February, my husband and I decided to "try" again. I have read of peoples success of conception using a product called Pre-seed, so I decided to try it (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pre-seed-Vaginal-Lubricant-Multi-Applicators/dp/B001G7QNKM).

I also heard that people had success though prayer especially the St. Theresa Novena of the Child Jesus, which I said for the 9 days during the 9 days of trying to conceive (http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/novenas/p00048.htm).

I started having sex on day 7 of my period and used the pre-seed for 7 days of having sex. I put two pillows under my knees to keep my pelvis elevated and to keep the sperm inside me. I also tried to avoid going to the toilet after sex. Over the 9 days, I was also using the Novena as my prayer.

It was Valentines weekend and my husband surprised me with a weekend away. For two days, I forgot about trying to get pregnant and have a lovely relaxing time (spas etc.).

Day 26 of my period, I had a pain and spotting: "here comes my period", I thought. I had spotting on-and-off for the next few days and then it stopped. I decided to wait until day 36 of my period to do a pregnancy test. I have done so many which were always "negative". I took the test at 6:00am on a Friday morning. It reported a positive result straight-away so then I took another text using a different brand - JUST to be sure and it too was positive!!

I couldn't believe it! Now I am 16 weeks pregnant!

I wanted to post this to give you some hope and not to give up!! I know how long a month is sitting on a toilet wishing for your period not to come. So keep the faith and best of luck with your journey!! Try to relax even though I know it's easier said than done when everyone around is having a baby. I hope this help!!

Comments

Advertisement