Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agent

Options
  • 24-05-2014 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Want to sell a property in Balbriggan just wondering anyone got any advice on whether to use a local agent or someone more well know like Lisney or DNG?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭emmetfahy

they're all the same. Just make sure you don't pay more than 1% of the hosue value. Keep the pressure on them and have a list of questions for them, like what the fee covers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

emmetfahy wrote: »
    they're all the same. Just make sure you don't pay more than 1% of the hosue value. Keep the pressure on them and have a list of questions for them, like what the fee covers etc.
    My brother was looking to rent or buy a house and the reply from the estate agents where very slow he had to ring and ring and with some no one got back to them .
    Made me think if they wanted to sell at all. Edel accross the road from bank of Ireland in Balbriggan was very nice. Hope that helps .

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

Thanks a million. I called into Edel today, she seems very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Elsie69

We sold our house in August without an agent. Initially I had 2 come out to the house and value it. One said they could sell it for €150k and the other €160K. We ended up selling it for €170k. I really don't trust them and having to try and buy through an estate agent is frustrating. We put an offer in on a house only to be told after we got a surveyor out that it didn't matter what we bid as they were selling to a friend of the family!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭purrrfect1

Elsie69 How did you sell your house without an agent? Was it online or private? I have had one viewing in the past year. I am not happy with the Estate Agent, I can never get hold of him and he never returns calls, answer e-mails etc.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement