Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50b Massey Ferguson Digger torque

• 24-05-2014 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was looking at a 50b massey. The torque seemed sluggish especially in higher gears. How do you know if it's Ok, how do you test it? Are the costly to fix. And finally is there anything else I should look out for on the 50b? It's replacing a MF50 for shear grabbing silage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭9935452

Bennyri wrote: »
    I was looking at a 50b massey. The torque seemed sluggish especially in higher gears. How do you know if it's Ok, how do you test it? Are the costly to fix. And finally is there anything else I should look out for on the 50b? It's replacing a MF50 for shear grabbing silage.

i Have a 50HX and i assume the 50B also has 4 gears.
    They general test for the torque is to stick it in top gear and it should be able to take off in forward and reverse. A friend tells me to stick it in a high gear and start driving and change direction and it should take the change fairly quick.
    I also like to try driving into a heap of stones or similar with a front bucket on and see how many gears it will spin the wheels with.
    It should be able to spin the wheels in 2nd with diff lock engaged and if very good wont be far off doing it in 3rd.

Dont worry too much about the torque seeming sluggish. You cant compare it to the torque on something modern like a 414 or an mf 860. The modern stuff is very lively compared to the older stuff

Advertisement