Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good department store in Sydney for wedding gift?

Options
  • 24-05-2014 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

A friend is living in Sydney and I'd like to get her something small (€50 approx) for her upcoming wedding. Could you please recommend me a suitable local equivalent of e.g. Arnotts, where I could hopefully order a voucher online. Somewhere nice with a broad homewares selection but not where a teaspoon costs twenty quid! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Myers would be the bigger department store in Sydney. Huge one in city centre. Also a couple of smaller versions (similar to BT2) just on the out skirts of the city too. Hope this helps.

edit - here is a link to the website
    http://www.myer.com.au/shop/mystore/home

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

It's worth taking a look in Victorias Basement in the QVB on George st beside Town Hall train station. Same brands as Myer but half the price. Some nice waterford crystal in there for weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Thanks both. I'm in Ireland myself and have never been to Sydney so it's good to know where might be a decent place to receive a voucher from.I have emailed both stores about purchasing a voucher online, hopefully it works out ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Peter's of Kensington & they have a website. They have a massive range of gift ideas for house, wedding etc & usually better prices than DJ or Myer

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saucyleopard

What about www.bunburyboards.com ? It's an Irish gift , and to the best of my knowledge they post world wide.

• Advertisement
Advertisement