Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid invoice - 4 years later?

Options
  • 24-05-2014 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I got made redundant from my job 4 years ago. They then brought me back as a part-time contractor for a few months. This arrangement worked fine as I invoiced them monthly and they paid within a few weeks.

Then I got another job, but there was one unpaid invoice for around €500 outstanding. I did chase it and was told they were in receivership and nothing could be done at that time.

Long story short - the invoice was never paid; the company was bought over and relaunched under a new name which it's still trading under.

I realise it's now a long shot but is there any way I could now chase them for this cash, or is it far too late?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

You could contact the receiver and see what happened to the unsecured creditors, if they got anything, so should you! A long shot I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

pedronomix wrote: »
    You could contact the receiver and see what happened to the unsecured creditors, if they got anything, so should you! A long shot I fear.

Good idea I suppose. Nothing to lose so will try it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Just found out - they say I'm an unsecured creditor so no chance of getting paid now.

It does stick in the craw when you do the work in good faith and then something like this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If a company goes belly up the likelihood of getting anything out of them is slim to none ..

We're still getting notices from a bankruptcy of a client going back 3+ years - doubt we'll ever see a cent

Advertisement