Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD VIDEOS

Options
  • 24-05-2014 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

Hi, for some reason I've suddenly lost the ability to download videos. Up until now I've always used Realplayer so I made sure that it was up to date but still no luck, so I've looked for Realdownloader but the latest version is part of Realplayer cloud which is not available for Vista, which is what my system is.:confused:

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

I presume you are downloading YouTube videos. If so, you could try http://www.clipconverter.cc/
    There are a few websites that offer this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IF you want to download youtube videos,

Install firefox browser,
    then get a firefox extension video downloader .
    Click icon under video , to download it, in high quality, or medium quality mp4 file.
    3 minute youtube video is about 12 megabyte in size.
    I think realplayer maybe used by video editors maybe.
    ITS years since i,ve seen a website that uses realplayer to play videos.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/

IT works on many video websites, not just youtube.

Theres NO reason to have it on a pc, in my opinion, unless you have files in realplayer format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

riclad wrote: »
    IF you want to download youtube videos,

Install firefox browser,
    then get a firefox extension video downloader .

Is this working again? I uninstalled it years ago when they stopped updating it.

It was handy.

Yes its working, but theres also other video downloader extensions,
    for firefox.IF you wanna try something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Hi, for some reason I've suddenly lost the ability to download videos. Up until now I've always used Realplayer so I made sure that it was up to date but still no luck, so I've looked for Realdownloader but the latest version is part of Realplayer cloud which is not available for Vista, which is what my system is.:confused:

Any and all help will be appreciated.

You don't need to use any software to download youtube videos or others. Just use this website below and check-mark "Movie" and then add in the address url of the video and click Get files. right click the highest resolution one at the end and save target as, then save the video file to wherever you want to save it to.

http://file2hd.com/Default.aspx

• Advertisement

I just a video downloader extension,
    click,icon under video, download,high,or low quality,mp4, ok .

Alot faster than going to another website and pasting the video link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

You don't need to use any software to download youtube videos or others. Just use this website below and check-mark "Movie" and then add in the address url of the video and click Get files. right click the highest resolution one at the end and save target as, then save the video file to wherever you want to save it to.

http://file2hd.com/Default.aspx

This is the reason I have always liked Realplayer. All I had to do was move cursor to right hand corner of whatever video I wanted to record and a box appeared saying record with Realplayer, clicked on that and it was downloaded straight to a realplayer folder. Just 2 clicks involved. End of story. Simple compared to the above method. Also it was possible to download as many videos, at the same time, as internet speed would cope with, each with just 2 clicks.

riclad. Thanks but I don't want to change browser, I don't feel that I should have to and I'm happy with the one I use. I've had Realplayer on the lst 3 computers and never had problems with it so I find it strange that you see no reason for it to be on a PC :confused:.

Thanks folks but I am after a stand alone downloader or one linked to a player the way Realdownloader always was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

This is the reason I have always liked Realplayer. All I had to do was move cursor to right hand corner of whatever video I wanted to record and a box appeared saying record with Realplayer, clicked on that and it was downloaded straight to a realplayer folder. Just 2 clicks involved. End of story. Simple compared to the above method. Also it was possible to download as many videos, at the same time, as internet speed would cope with, each with just 2 clicks.

riclad. Thanks but I don't want to change browser, I don't feel that I should have to and I'm happy with the one I use. I've had Realplayer on the lst 3 computers and never had problems with it so I find it strange that you see no reason for it to be on a PC :confused:.

Thanks folks but I am after a stand alone downloader or one linked to a player the way Realdownloader always was.

Maybe you should change your thread title to "Help me fix my broken Realplayer".

http://download.cnet.com/Free-Video-Downloader-for-Google-Chrome/3000-33362_4-75327988.html

I prefer to not install anything on my pc unless i really need it,

epecially programs that need frequent updates , like realplayer.
    Everyone i know has either chrome, or firefox installed .
    Unless you are saying i use internet explorer for all web browsing.
    And don,t want to use another firefox.

Well realplayer is of no use to me ,as i use firefox for video downloading.

I used it about 7 years ago because some websites like cnet ,
    used videos in realplayer format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

With realplayer being a hog I uninstalled it way back because the free realplayer was too slow in downloading videos as you needed to purchase the realplayer pro to get full download speed.

• Advertisement

SickBoy wrote: »
    Maybe you should change your thread title to "Help me fix my broken Realplayer".

:D.

I would have done but I don't think a fix is possible. But if it is please let me know.
    All I'm after is something that's as easy and straightforward as Realplayer was.

I'm 69 yrs old so please, the simpler the better:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

If you want to download anything from the net movies etc get firefox then go to add ons and download "download helper" and fannys your auntie all the movies you want straight to you're laptop .

With realplayer being a hog I uninstalled it way back because the free realplayer was too slow in downloading videos as you needed to purchase the realplayer pro to get full download speed.

Speed isn't important as here in the wilds of Mayo the best download speed I ever get is around 2.5mbps.

riclad.
    Yes I use internet explorer on my pc and have done for many, many years. Never had any real problems with it so never felt the need to change and now don't need the hassle of learning another system. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' as they say.

blinkey 101.

It's not movies that I download. it's mostly music or funny vids, mostly, but not only, from youtube.

http://download.cnet.com/Free-Video-Downloader/3000-12512_4-10904885.html#editorsreview

downloader addon for internet explorer.
    Allows you to download videos from internet explorer browser.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Firefox is very easy to use.

Download the free video downloader,
    untick any boxes,
    IF it suggests you install any other programs,
    as part of the install process.

, this freeware program has a price. In addition, we found that the program installed a second program without asking. If you're the forgiving sort, and you're also unwilling to pay to download videos, this IE add-on might be worth a try. For users who want options and less marketing, you're better off looking elsewhere.

IT adds a download video button to youtube or other video websites .

Advertisement