Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment Plan at certain vets

• 24-05-2014 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

got a sick little puppy (14 weeks old) in portlaoise and hes now at the vets (Vet Care) with a liver problem, hes on an iv of strong antibiotics but might be looking at surgery .

Does anyone know if they will accept payment plans for pets treatment, i only recently got my pets insured and that doesn't come into effect for a few weeks.

I just didn't want to bring it up with the vet at the time because we were all very scared of losing the pup.

All information is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hey folks,

got a sick little puppy (14 weeks old) in portlaoise and hes now at the vets (Vet Care) with a liver problem, hes on an iv of strong antibiotics but might be looking at surgery .

Does anyone know if they will accept payment plans for pets treatment, i only recently got my pets insured and that doesn't come into effect for a few weeks.

I just didn't want to bring it up with the vet at the time because we were all very scared of losing the pup.

All information is appreciated.

Thanks

The actual vet is the only person that can answer your question to be honest. Most vets are willing to do payment plans though for high cost procedures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

What does the breeder have to say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

You'd be surprised how unhelpful vets are when it comes to this kind of stuff, I needed a lump removed off one of my Boxers.I have been with the vets for maybe 5 years in and out fairly regularly between eye problems and skin problems and lumps.I spent close to €2000 over the year between operations and lab analysis etc.He needed a lump removed at a cost of €140 ask the vet if he could remove it and pay him next week.Was told no payment had to be made before dog would be operated on.

Ended up switching vets and getting loan to cover the operation, sadly my dog passed away not long after.New vet was was amazing tried a couple of more operations put him on meds to try and slow down the tumor sadly none of it worked.He advised we put him sleep we asked about cremation and cost told me we can't afford that at the moment but he agreed to put him to sleep and cover cremation fee's until we could pay him.

Prefer not to mention the places but one is a large vets in Cork and the new Vet is in Douglas.Highly recommend the latter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

To answer your question OP, Yes the vets there will accept a payment plan. I have used that vet many times. I'd imagine he's been tranferred'to vet care athy at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Sorry OP forgot to wish the pup good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

SingItOut wrote: »
    To answer your question OP, Yes the vets there will accept a payment plan. I have used that vet many times. I'd imagine he's been tranferred'to vet care athy at this stage?

Yeah the vet on call was working between both places , Hes coming home this evening. Hes much better and is on strong meds for a week or so. If he gets sick again then hes gonna require surgery so i hope the meds work. Turned out to be a liver infection that his breed gets from the bitch after birth. It just took its while developing..

Thanks for all the replies folks.. its really appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Yeah the vet on call was working between both places , Hes coming home this evening. Hes much better and is on strong meds for a week or so. If he gets sick again then hes gonna require surgery so i hope the meds work. Turned out to be a liver infection that his breed gets from the bitch after birth. It just took its while developing..

Thanks for all the replies folks.. its really appreciated :)

Have you talked to the vet about a payment plan if surgery (god forbid!) is required? Have you talked to the breeder? If you have just insured the puppy, is this a case of pre-existing condition :(

Hope the meds help the puppy, and he gets better quickly - with no future effects. Let us know how he goes? (What breed?)

Advertisement