Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Rx100 M2 & M3

• 24-05-2014 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a Sony Rx100? What are your thoughts on the camera?

The new RX100 M3 is out June 20th, and Im thinking of getting a RX100 M2 when the price drops. The image quality on these looks fantastic.

sony_rx100_ii.jpg
    Sony-RX100-M3-Top-Image.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

I have the mk1 .... terrific camera. Great lens. Huge sensor for a camera this size. Nice lens. Video on it is very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Anyone used this camera for gig photography (just standard shots from the crowd rather than "official photog"-type access)? I'd like to get one, probably an M2 now the price is starting to become closer to reasonable, as my Canon S90 is starting to show its age, and I like trying to get a decent shot or two at most gigs (don't bother with video, so not worried about that).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I had a canon s90, sony rx 100 mk2 and I will have the rx mk3 very soon. I found the rx 100mk2 amazing and miles ahead of the Canon. Low light no problem on the sony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I'm considering the MKI version at the moment, the prices have dropped a good bit but the image quality is the same. I can live without the additional features of the newer models.

I have a canon S90 and its starting to have focus issues, this seems like a very good upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I have a Panasonic lx7, like it a lot but would take the RX 100 over it. I haven't used one but it seems more pocketable, bigger sensor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭dantastic

I have the mk2. What really sealed the deal for me is you can get a underwater housing for it for like €130. So I have taken the camera white water rafting, scuba diving & snorkeling.
    Great camera!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Just had a quick play around with it, the quality compared to my S90 is very noticeable. The ability to adjust the flash with your finger to bounce it is extremely useful. I'm very impressed and confident that this can produce photos on par with my SLR. :) (And that's just the RX100!)

Advertisement