If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony KDL42W829 with HT-CT60 soundbar, 5 year warranty and 1/5 chance of winning ps4?

Options
  • 24-05-2014 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Is Richer Sounds running the same promotion as other resellers on the SONY KDL-42W829? - i.e. free HT-CT60 soundbar, 5 year warranty and 1/5 chance of winning a PS3? If so, do these benefits also apply to purchasers in the Republic of a Ireland? What would be your best price icluding delivery to Naas, Co. Kildare? Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

cjlawlor wrote: »
    Is Richer Sounds running the same promotion as other resellers on the SONY KDL-42W829? - i.e. free HT-CT60 soundbar, 5 year warranty and 1/5 chance of winning a PS3? If so, do these benefits also apply to purchasers in the Republic of a Ireland? What would be your best price icluding delivery to Naas, Co. Kildare? Thanks!
    Hi CJ,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

We are indeed offering the same deal.  Our price for the TV and soundbar is £579.00.  Unfortunately this is a in-store only purchase so it would need to be collected here in Belfast.  

The good news is our 5 year warranty is an at home warranty so if anything went wrong with the TV we'll have an engineer come down to you :) 

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

Thanks Chris

I'll have to think it over a bit but it sounds tempting if I can get to Belfast..
    Hi CJ,

We are indeed offering the same deal.  Our price for the TV and soundbar is £579.00.  Unfortunately this is a in-store only purchase so it would need to be collected here in Belfast.  

The good news is our 5 year warranty is an at home warranty so if anything went wrong with the TV we'll have an engineer come down to you :) 

Chris

cjlawlor wrote: »
    Thanks Chris

I'll have to think it over a bit but it sounds tempting if I can get to Belfast..
    Hi CJ,

Chris
    Hi CJ,

Not a problem at all :)

Just let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Chris,

are ye also doing the 50" - KDL50W829B

a friend of mine is looking for a 50" - if you have any other recommendations I'd appreciate them too.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ablelocks wrote: »
    Chris,

a friend of mine is looking for a 50" - if you have any other recommendations I'd appreciate them too.
    Ablelocks,

we do the 50W829 at £899.95 / €1069.99 and this price includes a free Sony Blu-Ray or soundbar, stock is tight so keep us posted if your friend is looking for one,

Thanks for the enquiry,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ablelocks wrote: »
    Chris,

Ablelocks,

we do the 50W829 at £899.95 / €1069.99 and this price includes a free Sony Blu-Ray or soundbar, stock is tight so keep us posted if your friend is looking for one,

Thanks for the enquiry,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew 
    thanks John, but it can be got elsewhere for 930 incl. delivery (with soundbar and 5 year warranty too) - can you match this?

(I assume all the Panasonic ST and GT60's are gone at this stage)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

PM Sent. Quoted you happy !

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Travels.ie

PM Sent. Quoted you happy !

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave

Could you quote me happy also please based on the following quote.
    Sony KDL50W829B + 5years Warranty + Free Bluetooth Sound Bar €930 (including Dublin delivery)

Thanks

Guys where have you seen the 50W829 at €930??

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Travels.ie

Hi John its the Sony store Letterkenny there is a thread in the bargain alerts forum.

• Advertisement

Travels.ie wrote: »

Hi John its the Sony store Letterkenny there is a thread in the bargain alerts forum.
    Thanks for that - we will price check and revert asap

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

Could I be quoted for Sony KDL50W829B + 5years Warranty + Free Bluetooth Sound Bar (including delivery to Kildare) if possible please?

Guys we have price checked that quote and unfortunately there is no stock available at the moment - we will check again over the next few days and revert - at the moment the best we can do is €1069 delivered for the 50W829 with the 5 Year warranty and Soundbar included - however if stock is available from a competitor in Ireland cheaper then we have no problem doing a price beat..

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Guys we have price checked that quote and unfortunately there is no stock available at the moment - we will check again over the next few days and revert - at the moment the best we can do is €1069 delivered for the 50W829 with the 5 Year warranty and Soundbar included - however if stock is available from a competitor in Ireland cheaper then we have no problem doing a price beat..

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

I have spoken with the guys at the Sony Store in Letterkenny and they told next that they will have stock in next week. So once they confirm that they let me know when they are in next week, will you guys beat it at the price mentioned above for the 50W829 with 5 yr warranty + soundbar. I will purchase off you if so , just need to know because otherwise i will go with them.

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

I have spoken with the guys at the Sony Store in Letterkenny and they told next that they will have stock in next week. So once they confirm that they let me know when they are in next week, will you guys beat it at the price mentioned above for the 50W829 with 5 yr warranty + soundbar. I will purchase off you if so , just need to know because otherwise i will go with them.
    Of course!

Once any competitor in Ireland has the same product with the same T's and C's and they are an authorised dealer we will always price beat it no problem..

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭superdog

Hi CJ,

Chris

I'd be very interested in this but can't make it to Belfast for the foreseeable future. What if any are my delivery options?

Thanks!

superdog wrote: »
    Hi CJ,

Chris

I'd be very interested in this but can't make it to Belfast for the foreseeable future. What if any are my delivery options?

Thanks!
    Hi Super,

Unfortunately they're strictly an in-store only purchase so it would need to be collected here in the store :(

Apologies.

Chris

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Of course!

Once any competitor in Ireland has the same product with the same T's and C's and they are an authorised dealer we will always price beat it no problem..

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John, just got a call from the Sony Store in Letterkenny, letting me know that the above is now in stock, can you confirm and revert

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Of course!

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John, just got a call from the Sony Store in Letterkenny, letting me know that the above is now in stock, can you confirm and revert
    Sorry for the delay - no problem pricebeating by £10 / €15..

( please note we are out of stock & backordered on the soundbar at the moment!)

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

JohnMc & Crew

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Of course!

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Sorry for the delay - no problem pricebeating by £10 / €15..

( please note we are out of stock & backordered on the soundbar at the moment!)

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

JohnMc & Crew
    Thanks John,  Just to confirm, can i order this now : Sony KDL50W829B + 5years Warranty + Free Bluetooth Sound Bar €915 (including Dublin delivery)

If so when do you expect that this would be delivered, bearing in mind that the sound bar is currently out of stock.

Thanks,
    Luckycharms

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

PM Sent. 

ATB

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

PM Sent. 

ATB

Dave
    Hi whats the best price on the 50 inch and soundbar at the minute?

Hi Bush.

The current price on the 50W829 would be £899.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kdl50w829/sony-kdl50w829bbu

You can also avail of our free 5 year Guarantee by giving us your email to sign up for our VIP emails.

It seems that the deal with the free sound bar has now finished as it has been removed from our website.

Current price on the HT-CT60 sound bar would be £109.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/sony/htct60bt/sony-htct60bt

We do offer our price beat policy if you can find the same package for cheaper we will have a look at beating the competitors pricing:
    http://www.richersounds.com/information/pricebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cjooconnor

guys is the 42 inch the Passive or active 3d and what would you recommend. Im keen to build up a 3d collection but have heard active is tiring on the eyes but passive IPS screens just not very sharp and poor on the black levels

cjooconnor wrote: »
    guys is the 42 inch the Passive or active 3d and what would you recommend. Im keen to build up a 3d collection but have heard active is tiring on the eyes but passive IPS screens just not very sharp and poor on the black levels
    Hi CJ,

The 42" 829 is a passive 3D TV with 2 pairs of glasses included.  

It's a tough one between passive and active.  I've seen 3D content in both and active is a bit more sharper but sometimes I find the shutter can be annoying.  In a very dark room it's not as noticeable but in a light room I find it to be very noticeable.  

Passive glasses are great as they're light weight, don't need recharged and can be picked up fairly cheaply.  If you've watched 3D in a cinema it's passive they use.  

Hopefully this has helped.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.