Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Saturday Night Show - 24th. May 9.55pm

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

If he mentions "Road Frontage" Lynn, I'm buying a hat.....:D

Never mind road frontage sure prices are seriously down, what about the milk quota? I want an invitation too.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I thought I was straight until I saw that picture of WMM ... now I'm confused.

Just for you, grey...

computer-geek.jpg

WM is that my picture on your computer???:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Sinead O'Connor is mentally ill.

Sinead herself has acknowledged her mental illness. TV shows regularly feature ill people, and it is not a problem. So it should not be a problem with people who are mentally ill to appear on TV (in fact it would be a lonely day in RTE if all the mentally ill people were kept away . . . . . it would be a lonely day anywhere if we excluded people who have had mental illness).

Bringing Sinead air on while she is in good enough mental health to be on and be lucid is not a problem; in fact it adds to any discussion. People with an illness may have an alternative viewpoint which is equally valid.

I do think that bringing somebody on air who is not in a fit condition to be lucid and contribute to the debate is unhelpful, but Sinead was perfectly coherent and lucid in her contribution tonight.

All said, I did disagree with a fair bit of what she said, but that's unrelated to either her or my mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

cofy wrote: »
    WM is that my picture on your computer???:D:D:D

Listen now lads....

Stop fighting over WM.......

He's mine.........:P

Listen now lads....

Stop fighting over WM.......

He's mine.........:P

Lucky you:( How big does my hat need to be?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Skid X wrote: »
    Sinead O'Connor is there on the couch, with her body destroyed.

Is this still all because men are bastards?

Sinead did just say that 99%+ of men are totally decent, caring people. I missed any reference to "all men". In fact the panel were almost unusually very balanced in their approach, and acknowledged that sexism runs both ways, and is the flaw of a small minority of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

cofy wrote: »
    Lucky you:( How big does my hat need to be?:D

Once your head doesn't look big in it, you'll be grand........:pac:

***runs behind the couch***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Zen65 wrote: »
    Sinead did just say that 99%+ of men are totally decent, caring people. I missed any reference to "all men". In fact the panel were almost unusually very balanced in their approach, and acknowledged that sexism runs both ways, and is the flaw of a small minority of people.

And I believe the vast majority of women are decent people too.

But why was her dispute anything to do with sexism, just because she was in conflict with a man? She could have being having the same disagreement with a woman.

• Advertisement

Zen65 wrote: »

You seem to have mis read Skids comment he said is this all because men are b(*)*,ds, not all men are b.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tiernan now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Compare last night's LLS to Jimmy Fallon interviewing Tatum and Hill...made them feel at ease immediately, like old friends who regularly meet up. After a while, they forgot they were even promoting a film.

Just catching up on the Graham Norton Show there, the two lads on with Julie Andrews, I found them really funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Did sinead storm off at the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Sinead O'Connor is mentally ill. The media should be ashamed of exploiting this. No way should she ever be let anywhere near any airwaves.

This is a really strange thing to say. I'm not sure you understand mental illness.

Sinead O'Connor is mentally ill. The media should be ashamed of exploiting this. No way should she ever be let anywhere near any airwaves.

If you are right, I hope Sinead got a chance to talk to Professor Jim Lucey. I love Sinead I but I think her indulgent notions have taken her too far and she needs to recognise that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

She comes across as the most crass and arrogant person I have seen who has a supposed mental illness. Me thinks she acts it up a bit much. Such an ego. I don't buy into it fully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I tuned out during most of that discussion.
    I blame WM, posting his photo like that totally distracted me ;).

Advertisement