Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mackerel thread 2014 - reports, queries and chat. Mod note post #318

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Smcque96

Is there any mackrel around the louth area does anyone know? Was in greenore last monday nothing between four of us only 6 pollock

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

They were outside the bay in deep water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

Brianmeath wrote: »
    They were outside the bay in deep water.

Ok thanks for info. Should be going out maybe tomorrow so if anything will keep I all posted

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Smcque96

Seller159 wrote: »
    Ok thanks for info. Should be going out maybe tomorrow so if anything will keep I all posted

Did you get anything buddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Abeedo

was passing by kinsale bridge yesterday,,,,few young lads was fishing but no sign for mackerel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DE DEISE

Is there any sign of Mackrel been caught of the rocks yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Ive been out a couple of times in the last few weeks and caught nothing,theres a big thread here for all mackerel questions http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057216540

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Anyone know if there are mackerel around Howth. Thinking of heading up there in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 redstreak1961

caught 12 mackerel in howth early morning,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭a148pro

From land? The pier? Was it busy?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 redstreak1961

I was there early on my own

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Pizarro

Any sign of them in Galway yet? City or county area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Heading to Ballycotton pier this evening, or I am wasting my time? Hide tide is 7:45pm

Or might head to Guileen for bass. Have lots of new plugs that I need to try. Decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mystickey

Heading to Ballycotton pier this evening, or I am wasting my time? Hide tide is 7:45pm

Was at the pier on Sunday early morning, nothing but the weather wasn't good though hopefully ull have more luck

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Whats the best bait/line set up to use for mackerel?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Whats the best bait/line set up to use for mackerel?

The line on my reel is 20LB.

A 5/6 coloured feather trace or tinsel rig will usually be 50lb line. I use a 3oz weight on the end.

mystickey wrote: »
    Was at the pier on Sunday early morning, nothing but the weather wasn't good though hopefully ull have more luck

Cheers for the info!

Weather isn't great this evening but will see later..

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Cap1

hi does any one know where to buy fresh mackerel for tope fishing. there seem to be a shortage in the shops im in dublin and can travel. I need it for next friday.i rang the usual fishmonger crumlin, howth, ballyroan, kish fish. no one can guarantee me anything.

Nothing in Ballycotton yesterday evening. Heading down later again, weather a lot better this evening..

• Advertisement

Seen one guy catch 2 pollock in Ballycotton this evening, nobody else caught nothing..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mr ratbag

Cap1 wrote: »
    hi does any one know where to buy fresh mackerel for tope fishing. there seem to be a shortage in the shops im in dublin and can travel. I need it for next friday.i rang the usual fishmonger crumlin, howth, ballyroan, kish fish. no one can guarantee me anything.

the fishing tackle shop in malahide marina had some last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Cap1

ill give them a ring in the morning thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

anybody know if there is any mackerel been got on the boats out of bullock

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

xzodia wrote: »
    anybody know if there is any mackerel been got on the boats out of bullock

Rang them earlier. Few been caught off the pier but none on boats yet and ATM there's serious fog so no boats allowed out at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Glenn1999

anybody know if there is being many mackerel caught at helvick pier yet.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DE DEISE

Any been caught around Waterford Area

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Glenn1999 wrote: »
    anybody know if there is being many mackerel caught at helvick pier yet.thanks

I was down there last Monday night and there was none caught, there were only about 10 up on the pier altogether. I was talking to a fisherman at a boat there who said that they haven't come in yet and even the lads in the boats are going out 5 miles before getting anything.

I'm hopeful for this week, forecast is pretty good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭lovebirds

Hey any mackerel at balscadden yet ?

Advertisement