Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICRAs - beers?

• 24-05-2014 7:59pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey

i know a few people on here who are competing in this June 13 to 15, what do people think of having a mini meet and beers one of the days?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Saturday after the racing is probably as good a time as any..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Are the ICRAs based out of one club? Still not sure what boat I'll be doing them on, or if I'll be doing them at all :eek:

But if there's beers on, I'll do my best to show up and join in :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Are the ICRAs based out of one club? Still not sure what boat I'll be doing them on, or if I'll be doing them at all :eek:

But if there's beers on, I'll do my best to show up and join in :D

Think it's being hosted by the Irish?

Edit, checked, it's being hosted by the Irish

Stheno wrote: »
    Think it's being hosted by the Irish?

That's what I had in my head alright - but I'm getting a bit dizzy with events and venues at this stage, thought I might have imagined it.

Yup - it'll be all in the RIYC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I just read the sailing instructions.

My head hurts now.

I just read the sailing instructions.

My head hurts now.

Serves you right.. *nerd* :P

:D:D

Steve wrote: »
    Serves you right.. *nerd* :P

:D:D

I'm glad I did, it's slightly different from the usual approach of all cruisers descent upon one area! And there are different radio channels for the different fleets!

Imagine the horror of sending the helm to the wrong start :eek: I'd probably be thrown overboard :pac:

Haha..:D had a quick look myself but don't know which fleet we're in so gave up.

Haha..:D had a quick look myself but don't know which fleet we're in so gave up.

Fleet one for 0s and 1s!
    2,3 and 4 are Fleet 2

Us slowboats are Fleet 3

Iirc, our class 1 is the ICRA equivalent of ICRA class/division 2, so you are fleet 2.

They have a super division that is classed as zero, then our normal 0s are one, and so on and so forth.

Procrastination is a wonderful thing, I'm thinking all sorts of stuff to do to avoid writing up a college assignment :D

• Advertisement

You're Class 1 (Fleet 1) (assuming you're on your usual tub)

We're Class 2 (Fleet 2) (assuming we get the boat I'm meant to be on out)

I'll find out tomorrow night - there was some talk of a weird split in the IRC bands but I don't think it happened.

I'm guessing fleet 1 but will wait and see.

I'll find out tomorrow night - there was some talk of a weird split in the IRC bands but I don't think it happened.

They have the entries listed in fleets/divisions, unless they make any last-minute changes to those then it's as I posted above. Big start lines!

I'm wondering why they have two non spinnaker classes/divisions
    They've five spinnaker divisions instead of four.

But Ive just read that they will finalise that after the 30th May so my assumption up there might be just something I read wrong :D

I'll see if I can find out a final list and will post...

Anyway, this thread is aboutBEER!!!!, stop going off topic!! :D

Anyway, this thread is about BEER, stop going off topic!! :D

Beer indeed.

Back OT I propose that a member of a fast boat should take it upon themselves to procure a nice spot/table to sit at while we quaff said beer. Us slowboats always miss out!

Anyway, this thread is about BEER, stop going off topic!! :D

Shhhhh, I'm still having flashbacks to our overdose of BEER (and gin and rum and whatever else) on Saturday following the mainsheet meltdown, I'm too old for this game any more :D

Well us "fast" boats always end up with the longest courses and end up in to the tent last..

I guess whoever gets there first has the honour?

Well us "fast" boats always end up with the longest courses and end up in to the tent last..

I guess whoever gets there first has the honour?

Fair enough :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

didnt go ahead they wanted to make the bottom of class 1 into class 2 but wasnt enough boats to make it worthwhile. Theres a break of some sort in class 3. 3a & 3b. Those with IRC and those without

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    didnt go ahead they wanted to make the bottom of class 1 into class 2 but wasnt enough boats to make it worthwhile. Theres a break of some sort in class 3. 3a & 3b. Those with IRC and those without

Ah thanks.

So is it just Class 0-3 then white sails as usual then?

DBSC do class 3a and b on Thursdays

Ah thanks.

So is it just Class 0-3 then white sails as usual then?

DBSC do class 3a and b on Thursdays

3a and 3a in DBSC is just DBSC fiddling while Rome (ie C3) burns. It's a non-solution to a big problem with the class, entirely particular to DBSC.

ICRA have divided the classes into divisions on a handicap basis, and grouped those divisions into fleets. Class 3 are not divided on the basis of IRC/non-IRC - I don't know exactly HOW they have been grouped, but it isn't to do with holding an IRC cert or not.

Look at the "entries" section of the ICRA website, and you'll see where the boats have been put in terms of division (and thus fleet). Your local club class is not always where you wind up in bigger or national championship events.

Entry list is here:
    http://cruiserracing.ie/icranats/racing/entries/#
    SIs here:
    http://cruiserracing.ie/icranats/racing/sailing-instructions/

Fleet 1: C0, C1
    Fleet 2: C2, C3, C4
    Fleet 3: NS-A NS-B
    Fleet 4: Heineken please... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 oystercatcher

Can you find your way to Sutton, cause that's where we'll be going. Oh well, dig out the old paper charts.

So?

It is upon us..

So?

It is upon us..

It is indeed.

Something wrong with sport when you are getting up earlier on your "holidays" than you do on a work day :p

Anyway we slowboats only have two races a day, and have been moved from Sutton to Scotsmans bay on Saturday, so I shall endeavour to secure a slot for people if we are in early.

And good luck to everyone competing :)

We only had two today but were still last in!!

Saturday night will be good for beer consumption.. :D

We only had two today but were still last in!!

Saturday night will be good for beer consumption.. :D

We were sitting down in the Irish with a lovely table at 4:30 or so, waiting for the big boats :D

I'll nab two tomorrow, one for our crew (most of our partners are coming tomorrow evening) and one for boards.

If we do like we did today, you'll have to put up with high spirits and giddiness tomorrow.

I'd no beer today, tomorrow, that litre of Pimms looks most attractive :D

And fair play to my OH who is getting up at 6:30 in the morning to drop me off at the dart heehee

We were sitting down in the Irish with a lovely table at 4:30 or so, waiting for the big boats :D

I'll nab two tomorrow, one for our crew (most of our partners are coming tomorrow evening) and one for boards.

If we do like we did today, you'll have to put up with high spirits and giddiness tomorrow.

I'd no beer today, tomorrow, that litre of Pimms looks most attractive :D

And fair play to my OH who is getting up at 6:30 in the morning to drop me off at the dart heehee

What in the name of god are you doing going for the dart at 6.30am??? (Or anything like it ?)

I can confirm that the Pimms was gawjus.

See y'all tomorrow.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What in the name of god are you doing going for the dart at 6.30am??? (Or anything like it ?)

I can confirm that the Pimms was gawjus.

See y'all tomorrow.

Breakfast, onto the boat at nine (probably too early tbh after today) Sailing makes me hungry, I'd breakfast, lunch, post raice meal, snack, then dinner today, then supper. No breakfast might be bad.

Even driving is an hour for me, I live more than 30 miles from Dl.

Can't be bothered driving, as don't drive if I drink and fancy drinks tomorrow.

May skip breakfast, depends on how I feel when alarm goes off, but still looking at leaving at 7:30 for the dart! And no breakfast unless I make it myself, so up at the same time.

It's almost an hour on the dart from where I live

Advertisement