Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT transfer into UCD science - chemistry

Options
  • 24-05-2014 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi

I am wondering what my options are if I do not get the points for science in UCD this year.

Can I transfer into this course (Id like to go down the chemistry route) from an IT course? If so does it matter which one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

As a rule of thumb, and the only people that can answer this is the relevant program office, but you cannot go up the points ladder. You also must meet the entry requirements. If you think about it, what happens if I wanted to do Eng but only got 300 points, would be rather unfair if I did a year of another course and transferred over.

Its all on a case by case basis. Contact the relevant UCD program offices. But I'd be 99% sure it will be a No. You can generally only transfer laterally or down the CAO ladder e.g. Engineering to Computer Sci is possible with the added bonus you can waiver most of the Math modules in Comp. Sci.

Advertisement