Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do any places in Dublin or elsewhere in Ireland sell Concord Grape juice?

Options
  • 24-05-2014 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I was researching online last week about the most healthy kinds of drinks a person can have and one of them on the list was Concord Grape Juice.

I thought to myself that I might try and get that but I soon learned that Concord Grape Juice is mostly made in the US and although it is made in some parts of Europe it just isn't incredibly popular and is likely hard to find.

But then I was thinking there are a couple of small Yankee Goods speciality stores around Ireland that mostly only sell American products and I was thinking "I wonder would anybody on Boards.ie know of any stores that sell it". Have you ever come across it in any non-speciality stores within the Dublin region or elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kschwarz

It's really amazing that over 120 people have viewed this thread and yet not one person has thought to post a relevant reply to it.

If you happen to have even a vague idea for where I might what I'm looking for then I would appreciate your comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

120 people may have viewed it to see the details of the thread, but do not have the information that you are looking for.

tHB

120 people may have viewed it to see the details of the thread, but do not have the information that you are looking for.

tHB

Thanks but IMHO I know at least one individual person out of 180+ has what I said in my previous message 'a vague idea' where I might get what I'm looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Why not email those speciality US stores you mentioned? There is one in Temple Bar, another in Rathmines shopping centre.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Does it have to be Concord grape juice, or any grape juice? Grape products (bar wine!) aren't very popular here. They do sell red grape juice in Aldi, but it looks like this.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/aldi-price-comparison/Longlife_Fruit_Juice/Rio_DOro_Red_Grape_Juice_1L.html

Otherwise, you're looking for american import sites.

• Advertisement

porsche959 wrote: »
    Why not email those speciality US stores you mentioned? There is one in Temple Bar, another in Rathmines shopping centre.

Yeah, that did cross my mind already, I guess I wanted to see first if anyone here would tell me directly as opposed to me having to ask around myself.

So I guess the new question for all the current and upcoming viewers here in this thread is..

'What are the best or most reliable Yankee speciality stores in Dublin or else where in the ROI so I can contact them about what I'm looking for.'

Kschwarz wrote: »
    Thanks but IMHO I know at least one individual person out of 180+ has what I said in my previous message 'a vague idea' where I might get what I'm looking for.
    Who is the individual? Why don't you drop them a private message & ask them where they think you might get it?

Who is the individual? Why don't you drop them a private
    message & ask them where they think you might get it?

Your comment seems a bit too stupid to even bother answering!

I said...

I never meant that I literally or personally know a single individual who has viewed this page out of 180+ people who had seen this thread and knows exactly what I'm looking for.

I meant that out of almost 200 people the odds are that there would most certainly be at least one individual person who has a 'vague idea' of where I MIGHT get what I'm looking for and that they shouldn't be afraid to speak up.

What I said made perfect sense, so I don't understand why you would bother to try and start poking holes in my comments.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I never meant that I literally or personally know a single individual who has viewed this page out of 180+ people who had seen this thread and knows exactly what I'm looking for.

I meant that out of almost 200 people the odds are that there would most certainly be at least one individual person who has a 'vague idea' of where I MIGHT get what I'm looking for and that they shouldn't be afraid to speak up.

The way I phrased my last comment towards you was what I would say quite deferential, kind and normal but not remotely written with hostility. And what I said made perfect sense.

SO WHY THE GOD DAM F*CK WOULD YOU START TRYING TO POKE HOLES IN WHAT I SAID PREVIOUSLY, DO YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR TIME.

IF YOUR NOT COMPLETELY BLIND, OTHER USEFUL PEOPLE HAVE ANSWERED THIS THREAD AND HAVE GIVEN DECENT AND RESPECTFUL ANSWERS AND WE DON'T NEED OR WANT ANY STUCK UP NASTY GOB****ES LIKE YOU WASTING OUR TIME WITH YOUR IGNORANT COMMENTS.
    SO WHY DON'T YOU GO PISS OFF SOME OTHER FRIENDLY USER, YOU BLOODY MOTHER**ker

( A message to any moderators, admins or general users who who may consider this response a bit too aggressive )

I am sorry for this hostility in this message but this irritating user has sort of provoked me with his unnecessary and hostile comments so I decided to make a return comment in the exact the same tone as his last one.

Chill your beans.

Aldi and Lidl sell 100% grape juice, only 99c a carton last time I checked as well.

irish_goat wrote: »
    Chill your beans.

Aldi and Lidl sell 100% grape juice, only 99c a carton last time I checked as well.

Thanks, I appreciate your comment but it's not just any old grape juice I'm looking for I am looking for a very specific type mentioned above.

Would you please remove the content from your message that I edited out of my last comment you have quoted. thank you

• Advertisement

Banned.

tHB

Edit: I would like to point out that my response above was not intended to be sarcastic. I obviously totally misunderstand what they said. I thought that they (somehow) personally knew someone who read the thread who had info on where to get their juice. My bad.

However, it did not warrant the torrent of abuse from the OP, hence the ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement