Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool destinations for 30-something single travellers?

• 24-05-2014 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

I'm early 30s and wondering if I was to put a pin in a map somewhere in Europe, where would be good to go sometime in late July or early-mid August?

I would mainly be looking for a 'city-beach' type holiday, where I could meet people, see the sights but also chill on the beach and maybe take a trip to wherever one or two of the days.

I am pretty sociable and would be thinking of just getting a private room in a hostel and seeing what the craic was from there! Have looked at group tours which seem expensive but not ruling them out at all.

I have always thought Valencia could be just the job, I also speak Spanish (rusty but it's there!), and it seems like a really cool city.

Also really like the idea of going somewhere on the French coast or maybe even Italy. Ideally somewhere around 2-3 hours from Dublin.

All thoughts and suggestions welcome and also look forward to hearing of any recommendations!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

'City beach' =
    • Barcelona
    • Lisbon
    • Málaga
    • San Sebastián
    • Nice
    • Cannes

Just some that come to mind. But I'm sure Google would help, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

sarkozy wrote: »
    Nice

Bear in mind that Nice is a very pebbly beach. That said, there are plenty of other stunning beaches within easy reach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Aye, 'Tis a bit pebbly, alright. But there are some lovely coves in the town, and amazing beaches between Nice and Monaco, Antibes being the big resorty place (I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

... and the cliff-tops/tunnels train rides to any of those many smashing beaches along tens of kilometres either side of Nice are an experience too.

Advertisement