Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback thread 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Most people's experience of the standard of moderation is as a result of action taken against them or action not taken against someone else, it's only natural that you will hear accounts of personal experience.
    I haven't seen anybody trying to use this thread to dispute anything, there shouldn't really be a problem referencing a particular incident.

I understand, I'm just trying to keep the discussion going in a way that might bring about a suggestion that will relate to the rest of the forum generally, rather than about a specific issue in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Tbh i have no problem in letting banter flow, if someone doesnt agree with my views then fine if they want to slag my team thats fine. The more sanctions and rules that are laid down the harder it is for people to express themselves freely, i honestly think the only reason someone should be banned is for racism and personnal abuse of a poster, simple as that. Calling a player or manager a name or slagging a team should all be let go, i dont like people reporting posters either unless its for the reasons ive just given so i think the mods need to all collectivly ease up and change the number of rules that allow people to get bans to 2

try it out for 1 week see how we get on

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I dont really see the problem in somebody saying Man Yoo or Man U or whatever. Manure though and you are game ball.

Opinion appears to be divided on this issue, with some people taking offence to club names being altered, and some not. Some see it as childish at best, trolling at worst, others see it as harmless banter. Regardless of how the mods decide to enforce the issue, there's always going to be some people unhappy.

However I'd rather have some posters unhappy that they can't call a club Chelski/Manure/whatever, than a load of others taking offence to it and a thread descending into petty squabbles. To my mind there's a simple solution - all clubs have a given name and many have well established and recognised nicknames. Calling the team in red from Manchester anything other than Manchester United/Man Utd/The Red Devils should simply not be permitted. Forget about cards or bans, any posts calling them Manure/Man Yoo/Man U (although tbh I'm a little unclear why this is a problem, but that's a different issue) should be deleted. Persistent offenders will soon get fed up with having all their posts deleted and will eventually start toeing the line. As I said earlier, every option will piss someone off, but imo this is the "least worst" as it also frees up mod time from them having to deal with petty sniping, issuing cards, dealing with DRF issues, etc. so that they can moderate "proper" issues as they arise.

As an add-on to this, I would be in favour of anyone reacting to Chelski/Manure/etc. rather than reporting the post getting carded themselves.

kryogen wrote: »
    I would also be of the mind that a mid season feedback thread would be a good idea too, a mid term report type of thing, to see how things are going, how the new (if any) rules are affecting the forum, if something turns out to be a disaster it can be taken out for example.

I really would not agree with this. I think potentially changing the rules mid-way through a season would be unfair. Also, these threads take a massive amount of moderating times, doing that anywhere near the Christmas match-threads would be chaotic.

Edit: In addition, there's only so much time we're willing to give over to moderating duties around Christmas and January. Giving the adequate amount of time to make rule changes then is unrealistic I think. I'd rather we just talked things out fully in the annual thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Myself personally, I've only been a mod on this board since 17th of April, and in that time I think only 2 or 3 of the people I warned appealed it by pm, and maybe only 1 went to dispute resolution forum. None were reversed because there were specific breaches of the charter, which I could refer them to. The mods who have been around much longer I'm sure have a very different statistic to offer you.

The process by which you dispute warnings/infractions/bans is something that is set down site-wide by administrators, which we can't change in this thread. What do you think is something specific we can change in this thread?

From my own personal experience I found mods to be some what harsh on me on certain yellows. I have deserved most of them. Is it hassle for a mod to overturn a yellow they do seen fairly stubborn when they are given out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Man U is a perfectly acceptable term.
    It was first widely used by Matt Busby's little merchandising hut at OT for crying out loud -It being a derogatory term has been proven a myth on more than one occasion in this forum, and I doubt you'll find any United fan getting their knickers in a twist over it.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Tbh i have no problem in letting banter flow, if someone doesnt agree with my views then fine if they want to slag my team thats fine. The more sanctions and rules that are laid down the harder it is for people to express themselves freely, i honestly think the only reason someone should be banned is for racism and personnal abuse of a poster, simple as that. Calling a player or manager a name or slagging a team should all be let go, i dont like people reporting posters either unless its for the reasons ive just given so i think the mods need to all collectivly ease up and change the number of rules that allow people to get bans to 2

No I don't really agree with that. What does calling Suarez a **** add to the forum besides getting yourself a load of thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

@Zaph

Agree with much of your post.

Just in relation to Manchester United being called Man U I'm not sure why it causes fuss. Think it's in relation to song, but open for correction

If somebody says Man U in sentence it would not be what strikes me as genuine or trolling post lets put it that way.

I have said A Madrid and say Juve when speak of those teams. It's just abbreviation for most.

Like I say if you say Manure for instance then you are opening can of worms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I really would not agree with this. I think potentially changing the rules mid-way through a season would be unfair. Also, these threads take a massive amount of moderating times, doing that anywhere near the Christmas match-threads would be chaotic.

Edit: In addition, there's only so much time we're willing to give over to moderating duties around Christmas and January. Giving the adequate amount of time to make rule changes then is unrealistic I think. I'd rather we just talked things out fully in the annual thread.

What's wrong with the middle of January?

If a rule is found to be a serious problem I see no reason to have to wait until the summer to get rid of it, or to add or make slight changes to any existing rule either for that matter.

A week at the end of the season isn't a perfect time either for people to be modding or discussing this in full. Summer/Exams/holidays/life are a factor, and in fairness life is always going to be a factor regardless of the time of year.

In any case, I would be proposing a check up rather then a full on feedback thread anyway really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

I know that back seat modding is not allowed but is there a tolerance level between acceptable and unacceptable back seat modding
    If somebody was involved in back seat modding and all parties involved were happy with it, would the individual involved in the back seat modding get an infraction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

shamrock55 wrote: »

go and get an account on f365 then. Jesus, as bad as this place gets at times, it's still by far and away the best "all-in" football forum on the internet, and a damn site better than any "club specific" hell hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mna Utd is more subtle - it looks like a tyop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

On the Man U thing - Kess nailed it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

@mods

Just a question.

On reported posts, do you take action against a poster who constantly is trying to infract. a certain poster or posters especially for small things?

I'm just curious. Is it a big issue or something very small .

I know lad who mods on Hibernian FC fourm who says its crazy how certain posters are targeted once they get popular in good or bad way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

A 72 hour feedback thread the first weekend in January could work out fine I think.
    Its FA Cup 3rd round weekend so there'll likely no major match threads.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Beasty wrote: »
    Soccer mods cannot take action in connection with posts outside the Soccer forum, although mods of the relevant forum can of course (for example the general Sports forum has a "no Soccer threads" rule and will take action against posters that start such threads. Sports CMods can though if it relates to another forum within the Sports category (which would not extend to Hosted forums for example).

So, I take it there's nothing going to be done about my PM then? :/
    Soups123 wrote: »
    It's just like on a Football pitch. A bad tackle in front of the ref will get you a card. Then there are a few sly/dirty ones all around the pitch when the ref ain't looking, he might see one or two but not all, he is one man yet everyone blames the ref when the real issue is the players. The problem in this forum lies with the posters not the mods, we are all adults and should behave as such but the onus is on the posters to use the report function rather than biting. I have never ever reported a post so I would see myself as part of the problem not the moderation.

If reporting a post is done and the corrective action isn't taken then it's a moderation issue.

N Sahin I get your point about active mods but you got to be realistic if one steps down the guy/girl coming in will have the same family/work priorities. As for when big games are on do you expect them not to watch the sport they love and moderate the match thread instead ? If that's the case you would need mods with no interest in soccer and that will be a bigger problem.

I definitely agree with your point 2.

And very interested in point 4 that's **** if it is going on and should be addressed.

Obviously not, Soups. I have never said they have to be here 24/7 or watching like a hawk during games, but there should be a presence is all.

Though in saying that, if I was able to keep an eye on the gameweek threads during big matches/busy schedules in the Fantasy Sports Arena and live thread in football betting on my own for over a year more or less, while posting here, Twitter and live betting, I don't see how a single club's matchthread is that big of an issue for a forum containing not one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, but EIGHT mods. That's just my belief anyway.

Point 4 definitely goes on, though that's just in the Liverpool thread with little digs and insults on occasion. Can't say I've noticed it in other threads, that's not to say it hasn't happened before or even now.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'll ask the mods one more before the thread closes. I've asked/quizzed this multiple times in threads and PMs but have been ignored or the question has been sidestepped I feel like.

I'd like clarification on whether or not calling X player or manager the follow is card worthy - stupid, a jerk, an ass or an idiot? If not, what's different between those terms and saying prat.

Likewise, is telling a poster to stop acting like a dick card worthy too? It's in all the charters and the FAQ, I think.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Though in saying that, if I was able to keep an eye on the gameweek threads during big matches/busy schedules in the Fantasy Sports Arena and live thread in football betting on my own for over a year more or less, while posting here, Twitter and live betting, I don't see how a single club's matchthread is that big of an issue for a forum containing not one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, but EIGHT mods. That's just my belief anyway.

There is one single thing that could happen which would, in one fell swoop improve moderation in the forum and improve the forum experience for many posters in it - that's for you to go and annoy some other site. In all my time as a mod and admin on Boards I have never seen a single poster taking up so much of a forum's mods time and, by extension, that of the CMods and admins as well. Your behaviour on this forum, not to mention nasty little stunts you pull such as the crap in your sig and profile this week, results in endless discussions between the mods. This in turn reduces the amount of time they have available to moderate the rest of the forum. And rubbish like what I've quoted above clearly demonstrates that you never miss an opportunity to have a sly dig at the mods. It wouldn't kill you once in a while to actually be appreciative of the work they do on what is probably the hardest forum to mod on Boards, and to stop being such a royal pain in the ass for them for a bit.

No doubt that you'll now go off whinging to your sycophantic little cohort on Twitter about how the big bad admin has it in for you. You know what? You're damn right he does. This is your final warning, cut out the crap and start behaving like 99% of the posters in this forum are able to behave, or I'll personally ban you from the forum myself.

Zaph wrote: »
    There is one single thing that could happen which would, in one fell swoop improve moderation in the forum and improve the forum experience for many posters in it - that's for you to go and annoy some other site. In all my time as a mod and admin on Boards I have never seen a single poster taking up so much of a forum's mods time and, by extension, that of the CMods and admins as well. Your behaviour on this forum, not to mention nasty little stunts you pull such as the crap in your sig and profile this week, results in endless discussions between the mods. This in turn reduces the amount of time they have available to moderate the rest of the forum. And rubbish like what I've quoted above clearly demonstrates that you never miss an opportunity to have a sly dig at the mods. It wouldn't kill you once in a while to actually be appreciative of the work they do on what is probably the hardest forum to mod on Boards, and to stop being such a royal pain in the ass for them for a bit.

No doubt that you'll now go off whinging to your sycophantic little cohort on Twitter about how the big bad admin has it in for you. You know what? You're damn right he does. This is your final warning, cut out the crap and start behaving like 99% of the posters in this forum are able to behave, or I'll personally ban you from the forum myself.

Well said.

In reply to your last post Nuri, read through what myself and Gav were literally *just* saying. Absolute, word-for-word, stickling rule application is not the consensus approach. We have more than just your view to consider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ah come on, is it really that big a deal if something's not working to have the opportunity to change it more than once a year? The first international break of the new year then? The blanket "wait until feedback at the end of the season" when questioning anything was incredibly frustrating at times this season when match threads were being derailed every week by the same people without repercussion. Is there really no scope for discussion once this thread is closed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Al Capwned wrote: »
    On the Man U thing - Kess nailed it here.

So not only is Man U a dig (ridiculous in itself), but a dig at Munich??? Maybe it's just me, but that's a stretch to say the least. In all my years using the term Man U talking to friends, not one person has batted an eyelid. I'd liken it to referring to Liverpool as "Liva".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There is one single thing that could happen which would, in one fell swoop improve moderation in the forum and improve the forum experience for many posters in it - that's for you to go and annoy some other site.

No doubt that you'll now go off whinging to your sycophantic little cohort on Twitter about how the big bad admin has it in for you.

A regular poster posts this and they get infracted, for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

At work we have appraisals once per year on a formal basis, and like most these are two way feedback management to staff and staff to management. Personally I find having to conduct them a right pain but they are a necessary evil. That is not to say change does not happen during the rest of the year of course it does via 9001, 14001 and 18001 committee meetings but strickly on a formal basis once per year.

That being the case I dont see why carrying our a formal review more than once per year is warranted. There is even a chance the mods have a life too so maybe cutting them a break is an idea. At the end of the day people applying normal manners would mean moderators are all but redundant anyway so if the rules suggest that calling a team by a name which is LIKELY to cause offense to that teams supporters and is against the forum rules why are people surprised when they get some form of punishment. There are always going to be grey areas from what I can see mainly associated with going off topic, been guilty of that myself though normally the post would have perhaps a very very loose link to the topic. Again I dont see why a gentle reminder is provocative.

When I first started posting on the soccer thread a while back I managed to pick up a yellow card within a few months mainly because I had not actually read the rules correctly, what is allowed on some forums is not allowed here. But I have to say given a choice between over moderation and under moderation take over moderation every time, very good forums I used to be involved with I have no interest at all in now as bullying and trolling are really unacceptable. Overall this forum works well I think, if you log in with the intention of talking about football. If you dont well then you get what you deserve.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Could this post not have been sent via PM?

this is the feedback thread, no?

instead of resolving open issues I feel the above post may just antagonise more, and there is a lot of unnecessary vitriol in it amongst some valid points.

Its downright out of order imo.

Agueroooo wrote: »

instead of resolving open issues I feel the above post may just antagonise more, and there is a lot of unnecessary vitriol in it amongst some valid points.

I always thought Nuri was a decent poster as well. I never thought he caused much hassle.

So not only is Man U a dig (ridiculous in itself), but a dig at Munich??? Maybe it's just me, but that's a stretch to say the least. In all my years using the term Man U talking to friends, not one person has batted an eyelid. I'd liken it to referring to Liverpool as "Liva".

That's not what Al or Kess said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

niallo27 wrote: »
    I always thought Nuri was a decent poster as well. I never thought he caused much hassle.

Everybody is sound when you get on alright with them.

I was addressing the post and not talking about any poster in particular.
    it done no good what so ever and will only antagonise things more. going against everything the feedback thread was set up for.

sure just look what made the 'Post of 2014' thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90614043&postcount=38:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

kryogen wrote: »
    That's not what Al or Kess said.

I was referring to the post Kess quoted in the link Al put up, which did claim a link between the term Man U and Munich.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

there have been pm conversations between him and mods, cmods and admins over a big wide range of things, some very serious. It would seem Nuri wasn't pleased with the response he was getting to his pms and took it to this thread and ZAPH re-iterated a few things that may have been said to him previously in a rather blunt manner.

Firstly and I know ZAPH brought this onto the thread so some might think it fine that we now discuss this particular poster but we shouldn't. Most normal posters wouldn't be aware of the several issues which ZAPH was referring to leading to him saying what he did about him being such a huge time sink in his opinion, hopefully it will be dealt with off thread now though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

What happened to attack the post not the poster?

Nuri may piss people off but that post was a bit above and beyond IMO

Also is it cool to call a bunch of people sycophants now? And not get infracted?

On a side note. Looking through the 'Post of 2014' thread. It's used for this type of thing ( mocking other poster ) a lot and could be tantamount to bullying.

I was referring to the post Kess quoted in the link Al put up, which did claim a link between the term Man U and Munich.

Then why not quote that one? (From Mitch)

If you just wanted to repeat what Kess said sure could you not just have thanked it instead? :)

I was addressing the post and not talking about any poster in particular.
    it done no good what so ever and will only antagonise things more. going against everything the feedback thread was set up for.

I'd like to think that the mods should be against something like this, regardless of the Poster in question.

Public vilification is hardly the way to go.

Sure Jesus, the amount of cards handed out when a certain poster (now banned themselves) was continuously brought up and called out previously was insane.

This is a step too far, and coming from a Mod makes it even more so.

I'd partly guess though that because I get on with Nuri, and even though I have mostly not gotten involved in a lot of the crap on this site, my point will be brushed aside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Internet - Serious Business lol

Would it be possible to get some feedback?

Last season the card to ban ratio was changed, was this considered a success and will it carry on next season?

I thought it worked very well personally.

Everybody is sound when you get on alright with them.

I have had a few run-ins with utd fans but it's all harmless. I would say 95% of the posters on here are decent folk who just get a bit worked up when it comes to football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Knex. wrote: »

The Nuri birds are go.

thunderbirds_Childhood-s400x300-110195-5801.jpg

Zaph's post is very valid here because of the clear antagonizing said poster gets involved in via this forum or PM while always playing the victim with wingey posts. Not to mention the constant group of people that follow him around defending him at every ****ing opportunity. It's so obvious and it's always the same people. Having groups of posters bullying other people on a website is just ****ing pathetic. People need to grow up.

Kunkka wrote: »

Zaph's post is very valid here because of the clear antagonizing said poster gets involved in via this forum or PM while always playing the victim with wingey posts. Not to mention the constant group of people that follow him around defending him at every ****ing opportunity. It's so obvious and it's always the same people. Having groups of posters bullying other people on a website is just ****ing pathetic. People need to grow up.

Seriously hope you're not implying that I bully anyone on here. Be shocked if people thought that I did.

I don't know the ins and outs of what Nuri reports, what hassle he causes, really. He has a very good knowledge of football, one of the best in this forum, and he's capable of a joke.

He's been a pretty decent poster in the LFC thread and whenever he talks football outside of that, imo.

Also, I'd like to think, that for any long standing poster, I would react in the same manner now. You can't have mods doing what Zaph just did, its ridiculous, really.

For one thing, he's turned this thread into a clusterfuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Without this turning into defending a certain poster....I take it we will now see the system that's supposedly in place when a mod/admin targets a poster put into action?

Kunkka wrote: »

where have I bullyed anyone?...and where have I mentioned Nuri?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Meh:

- a full year allows too many things to fester for too long;
    - it is a bit of extra work, but there are 8 mods to divide it between and there will be plenty of notice;
    - the first working week of January is not Christmas, it's get the **** on with it time for life in general;

This is an important suggestion, ye need to suck it up and take it on board imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Meh, live by the sword die by the sword.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What happened to attack the post not the poster?

Nuri may piss people off but that post was a bit above and beyond IMO

Also is it cool to call a bunch of people sycophants now? And not get infracted?

On a side note. Looking through the 'Post of 2014' thread. It's used for this type of thing ( mocking other poster ) a lot and could be tantamount to bullying.

Zaph was talking about Twitter & not Boards. BTW what was Nuri saying on twitter that riled up Zaph so much? I was always of the opinion of "what happens on Boards,stays on Boards."

Generally the soccer forum is run ok,yes we all have moments but in fairness worse has been said between opposing fans in pubs up & down this country.

What I don't like is when certain posters gang up on one single poster and take glee in reporting them,it's easy enough to identify them by the way they backslap each other and thank each others posts.It's as if getting posters infracted is some kind of badge of honour.
    I think mods should look at who's reporting posts before handing out infractions for seemingly trivial posts.Fair enough if somebody steps out of line altogether but some people are getting infracted for very little.Certain posters are too fond of the report icon & use that rather than argue a point.This childish "I'm telling on you" carry on has ruined threads and given mods nothing but grief.

I have had a few run-ins with utd fans but it's all harmless. I would say 95% of the posters on here are decent folk who just get a bit worked up when it comes to football.

Exactly, I have plenty of arguments here, often with the same posters over and over. I hold nothing against them, it's an online persona and the majority wouldn't behave like that outside of boards.

But then there's a few others that do.

Exactly, I have plenty of arguments here, often with the same posters over and over. I hold nothing against them, it's an online persona and the majority wouldn't behave like that outside of boards.

But then there's a few others that do.

This I don't get. You should be able to post in the same manner that you converse with people on a daily basis.

Is the potential for being blasted in the face in real life the only thing that stops some people from acting the dick?

The keyboard warrior excuse of, "Its the internet, I'm not like this normally", is rather pathetic.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Meh, live by the sword die by the sword.

You have a point, I suppose.

Still, bit of a public crucifixion really, isn't it?

• Advertisement

This I don't get. You should be able to post in the same manner that you converse with people on a daily basis.

Is the potential for being blasted in the face in real life the only thing that stops some people from acting the dick?

The keyboard warrior excuse of, "Its the internet, I'm not like this normally", is rather pathetic.

It's not an excuse for me, I just accept that it's easier for people to be a dick behind the anonymity of sites like this and give them the benefit of the doubt that they are probably decent people IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

zerks wrote: »
    Zaph was talking about Twitter & not Boards. BTW what was Nuri saying on twitter that riled up Zaph so much? I was always of the opinion of "what happens on Boards,stays on Boards."

I honestly don't know.

It's not an excuse for me, I just accept that it's easier for people to be a dick behind the anonymity of sites like this and give them the benefit of the doubt that they are probably decent people IRL.

Wasn't directing it yourself either.

You'd like to think then that after a few warnings, most would be able to reign in the keyboard a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

You have a point, I suppose.

Still, bit of a public crucifixion really, isn't it?

so what, he's obviously been a pain in the side of some users, the mods, cmods, admin and office staff for more than a short period.

What are the admin supposed to do? Continue with a softly, softly approach, over PM, only to time and again be subjected to posts like the one Zaph quoted - which was a less than subtle dig at the entire mod team here.

Unless you know the ins-and-outs of his dealings with Boards.ie (I know some, not all, and it ain't pretty) then nobody knows what has gone on behind the scenes up to now.

If a person continues to poke a bear, they will eventually get a box.

I dunno.

Becoming blatantly obvious I don't know the ins and outs of it, so I'm stepping out.

Am interested in seeing how Zaph's post is treated, however. Brings the consistency point right back to the fore.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement