Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming TV from Ireland?

Options
  • 24-05-2014 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi, for those of you already in Canada, how are you streaming TV from home? I don't plan on getting cable Tv when I move over so i'm looking for alternatives. Does rte player or tv3 player work from Canada?

Or do you all just download shows or use netflix instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

if you have a laptop just install Hola Unblocker on google chrome, its a plugin that lets you change the region of whatever you're on so stuff will play outside its home country if its restricted. works for netflix too.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

krudler wrote: »
    if you have a laptop just install Hola Unblocker on google chrome, its a plugin that lets you change the region of whatever you're on so stuff will play outside its home country if its restricted. works for netflix too.

Great, thanks krudler!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

For very powerful switch of IP use expat shield. Download off cnet.com. You can download from BBC site to their BBC desktop player using expat shield. Saves you from buffering.

Mediahint was the best but they charging now.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

Don`t get cable here,overpriced and ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

ciaran67 wrote: »
    For very powerful switch of IP use expat shield. Download off cnet.com. You can download from BBC site to their BBC desktop player using expat shield. Saves you from buffering.

Mediahint was the best but they charging now.

Doesn't Expat shield only make you appear as if you are in UK? OP wants Irish tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

everything you could possibly want to know is listed below

http://moving2canada.com/living-in-canada/streaming-live-tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

celticwe wrote: »
    Don`t get cable here,overpriced and ****!

It really is, my hotel had good channels like hbo but standard cable is just awful. Get decent internet with unlimited usage instead.

desbrook wrote: »
    Doesn't Expat shield only make you appear as if you are in UK? OP wants Irish tv.

RTE always worked with Expat Shield.

Hola is also good. It changes your IP to which ever country the site is based.

Mediahint is still working for free on Firefox as well. They're add ons.

Hola

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭circadian

If you're willing to pay a little for a solid service then go for unotelly. Allows Netflix from all regions/rte/bbc/channel 4 etc etc

circadian wrote: »
    If you're willing to pay a little for a solid service then go for unotelly. Allows Netflix from all regions/rte/bbc/channel 4 etc etc

If you like them on their FB page you get a month free.

• Advertisement

I can confirm the unotelly, when set up, streams all Irish stations including tv3. Just checked and it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

ciaran67 wrote: »
    I can confirm the unotelly, when set up, streams all Irish stations including tv3. Just checked and it works.

Yeah but why pay for something that's works perfectly fine with hola .

Yeah but why pay for something that's works perfectly fine with hola .

Ive found it far more stable. I find Hola can cause buffering. Hola is still good as is Mediahint for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 james182

I use project free tv . com or something- shows get uploaded the next day and there you can watch any movie for free. WHo needs Netflix when there;s so much free stuff out there

Advertisement