Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitmessage

Options
  • 24-05-2014 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭

Any fellow Bitmessage enthousiasts here? I have been messing with it for the past few days, delivery time of messages seems to vary wildly, kind of like SMS in 1999. I quite like the idea of a messaging network without any centralised usurper of the throne wanting to sell your info and blast you with ads.

For anyone who hasn't heard about it - tis peer to peer messaging, everyone gets a huge long random address, messages get sent to everyone on the network but only you can decrypt. If not delivered, they die after 2 and a half days.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitmessage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Sounds great. I'll dig into it a bit now. (excuse the pun)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

That looks excellent...and written in python. Might give me an excuse to learn some more python.

Advertisement