Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Interview

Options
  • 24-05-2014 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Just wondering if there's anyone out there who's had an interview with AIT as a mature student? Mine is on Monday at 9:15 in the morning, I have applied for the Software Design course.

I'm just wondering what other experiences have been like and what sort of questions I will be asked? I have a written up a rough idea but I want to be as prepared as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ParamoreBaby

Also, is there anything I'm meant to bring with me on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I did an interview and got offered a course in DKIT for computing .

They will ask you about your education , have you had any jobs that are relevant to what you are studying , finance ( can you afford college ) . They will also ask a few questions about your previous employment . How long did you work in a place and what you did . They will also ask why you have choosen the course and why you want you want to go to college . On the documents thing bring anything you feel will help you get the course .

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ParamoreBaby

I did an interview and got offered a course in DKIT for computing .

They will ask you about your education , have you had any jobs that are relevant to what you are studying , finance ( can you afford college ) . They will also ask a few questions about your previous employment . How long did you work in a place and what you did . They will also ask why you have choosen the course and why you want you want to go to college . On the documents thing bring anything you feel will help you get the course .

Thank for your help. I'll be going for my interview in the morning and I think I've prepared all I can so here's hoping. I don't think I have anything to bring with me, I sent it all in with my CAO application so I'm guessing just bring nothing? My nerves are already at me so the quicker it's over the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Thank for your help. I'll be going for my interview in the morning and I think I've prepared all I can so here's hoping. I don't think I have anything to bring with me, I sent it all in with my CAO application so I'm guessing just bring nothing? My nerves are already at me so the quicker it's over the better.

Best of luck in the morning , you will be fine then because CAO have all your info so the interview is the easy part . I mean if they are calling you forward it means you have impressed them . Let me know how it goes .

Advertisement