Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com - The EB League

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

James RODRÍGUEZ has completed his move to Juventus from AS Monaco for £6,000,000 plus Fabio QUAGLIARELLA and Angelo OGBONNA

Mads THYCHOSEN has completed his move to Juventus from Vejle BK for £980,000 plus Fernando RUBINHO

Nicola MURRU has completed his move to Juventus from Cagliari for £400,000 plus Marco MOTTA and Simone PADOIN

Diego REYES has completed his move to Juventus from FC Porto for £300,000 plus Paolo DE CEGLIE and Luca CASTIGLIA

Niklas SÜLE has completed his move to Juventus from TSG 1899 Hoffenheim in a swap deal for Richmond BOAKYE and Marco STORARI

Duarte BERNARD has completed his move to Juventus from Shakhtar Donetsk for £4,400,000 plus Reto ZIEGLER and Simone PEPE

Bring on the games!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I've had a shocking start! Really hope I can get a decent result Vs Barca tonight.... Away... :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The offer for Garry BUCKLEY of Cork City from Southend United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

...and my spending spree ends (I think) with a token Cork City player.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Christ on a bike, those friendlies dont have give a fella notions above his station ...

Shocked at this:

Mark SBR Wilmots was unable to prevent a RSC Anderlecht defeat to AZ.

RSC Anderlecht slumped to a 4 - 0 defeat against AZ in their Division 1 fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Slipped my mind that it started tonight,

Not that I would have changed anything,

Lost 2-0 to Bayern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Lost 4-1 to inter. Gonna be a long season!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

And so it begins. 2-1 loss to Arsenal. Long season for me at the bottom of Division 3

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Swansea 1 - 3 man utd :( wasn't expecting much from tonight. next match away to athetico Madrid :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Christ on a bike, those friendlies dont have give a fella notions above his station ...

Shocked at this:

Mark SBR Wilmots was unable to prevent a RSC Anderlecht defeat to AZ.

RSC Anderlecht slumped to a 4 - 0 defeat against AZ in their Division 1 fixture.

I hear ya! I had 2 losses, 2 draws and 1 lucky win throughout my friendlies but...

Blondie919 steered AC Milan to victory against Everton.

AC Milan beat Everton 4 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Balotelli scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

De Sciglio was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Top of the league for now.

Happy with that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Forgot that the league started tonight
    Beat Dortmund 2-1 last night and without changes lost 2-0 to them tonight. :(

• Advertisement

Didn't actually know the league started tonight ha

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

Didn't know the league started last night and logged in to see Dortmund beat Man City. Nice start anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Didn't know it started last night either and see AC hammered me 4-1 and Ben Arfa got -1 this morning

Just putting this out here for everyone's opinion. I'm Limerick and obviously don't have the best team but have about 2.5 million to spend. Should I blow it on an 82 rated player or a few 77, 78s?

To make more money I'd say buy 75s that'll rise a few points and then sell them on, that's the long game and would take a while! To instantly improve and try win the league, buy the best you can but make sure it's a rising player so you can sell on for profit in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Al Capwned steered AZ to victory against RSC Anderlecht.
    AZ beat RSC Anderlecht 4 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Roberto scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Gudmundsson and Jóhannsson were also amongst the goalscorers.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Against the odds baby!!!

Brighton and Hove Albion outclassed Southampton and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Ulloa scored the winner for Brighton and Hove Albion and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Nice win tonight but not sure what my assistant manager was playing at going 343!!

Tommy Cahir steered Manchester City to victory against Newcastle United.
    Manchester City beat Newcastle United 2 - 1 in their SMFA Shield Group B fixture.
    Khedira scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Negredo was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Inter Milan open for business!!!!

So an upgrade from my 86 rated keeper to a new 88 without costing a penny, while reducing my wage bill. Sweet.

The offer for Jiménez ROBERTO of Olympiacos from AZ has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

__

And an 89 rated striker in too, while doing the same thing. Little bit of a risk this, as I've let a young 23 year old 85 rated lad go too, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

The offer for Emanuele GIACCHERINI of Sunderland from AZ has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

• Advertisement

Brought in Mattia Destro from AS Roma at RSCA -- an 89 FC :)

Alos had an offer accepted on Adam Armstrong, a highly though of young FC at newcastle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Just signed Keita Balde from Lazio.

kinda wanted him but needed to chose, an 89 or an 85 ... 89 won out ... have plent young talent in my team for now

Getting a lot of 78 rated prospects now so expect to mount a title challenge..........in a few seasons after I drop from division 1 to 3...

Oh and by seasons I mean years

• Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    To make more money I'd say buy 75s that'll rise a few points and then sell them on, that's the long game and would take a while! To instantly improve and try win the league, buy the best you can but make sure it's a rising player so you can sell on for profit in the future

The long way has worked well for me in the boards league. With this league there won't be as much competition to sign the newly added players for example.

I've lost count of the amount i signed for £10,000 and sold on for big profit when they rise (ignoring wages).

Also as you say, a bit of research or trying to get in early on transfer news in order to buy anticipated risers will also work.

Both ways are long but they both work, it is possible to rinse and repeat and build up your coffers that way if you are a small club.

The long way has worked well for me in the boards league. With this league there won't be as much competition to sign the newly added players for example.

I've lost count of the amount i signed for £10,000 and sold on for big profit when they rise (ignoring wages).

Also as you say, a bit of research or trying to get in early on transfer news in order to buy anticipated risers will also work.

Both ways are long but they both work, it is possible to rinse and repeat and build up your coffers that way if you are a small club.

I've put more work into this team than any other so far. Hoping to have a good few risers in the next season or so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Only managing two teams about two weeks now. How anyone manages more than two I'll never know

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Only managing two teams about two weeks now. How anyone manages more than two I'll never know

I've 4 teams, all from boards leagues. Being honest I only take notice of the boards.ie league and this one. I do login every week on the other 2 though.

eh i dunno wrote: »

I've 6 now but this, the copa and the boards league are the main ones. Don't really care about the others, just some thing to pass the time when waiting for results, leagues to start, etc :)

• Advertisement

Had three up to a while ago, but just wasnt arsed about a lot of them - got United in tupac's European shindig, and resigned from that when this one came up.

So only have two, and will not be joining any more either.

Advertisement