Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Douglas

Options
  • 25-05-2014 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

What is going on with broadband in Douglas? it keeps dropping every ten minutes or so and comes back eventually, it's been like this since Friday, we got onto an eircom agent on the tech support service but he was unhelpful in giving any details on telling us that there is a fault in the area,  when will this be fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 billmunny

i am having the same problem...i live in Grange, Douglas

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

Eircom eFibre customers throughout all of Douglas, Cork have all been having problems since Friday afternoon. The broadband problem is an intermittent one with the internet coming and going. There has been no commitment from Eircom as to when it will be fixed. It does not affect non eFibre customers, so if you have ADSL2+, you will not be affected, only VDSL2 is affected. Other vendors such as Magnet who use Eircom's VDSL2 infrastructure are also affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi All,

I can confirm that there has been issues affecting broadband service in Douglas. I have been informed by technical support that the issues should now be resolved however if there is anybody in this area still experiencing issues please contact support on 1890260260 or via webchat here:
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Al[/font]

Advertisement