Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avant V MBNA

Options
  • 25-05-2014 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Hi,

When MBNA was bought by Advant has anyone noticed their charges are much higher. I usually clear each statement but sometimes espcially whith health and car ins coming in the same time I don't clear it immediately. If don't they seem to charge the previous months and this months so in one month I am paying nearly €90 in two separate charges. They said when I have to have two months continuous complete payment before they will stop charging their finance charge

I hope I explained this right.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

They've always been the most expensive card provider, why not move?

The best thing you can do with a credit card, any credit card, is take a scissors to it. Switch to a debit card, get a loan from a credit union to bridge any debt if you need it. At worst, given you clear it most months, it's two months wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sober Too

I have a UK issued MBNA card but have now moved back to ROI , would Avant allow me to simply take on one of their cards or does it require a whole new application.

ps would be better calling them i guess, but its 1.11am !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It's a whole new application. Totally different company.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Sober Too wrote: »
    I have a UK issued MBNA card but have now moved back to ROI , would Avant allow me to simply take on one of their cards or does it require a whole new application.

ps would be better calling them i guess, but its 1.11am !

I don't think Avant card are even issuing new accounts/cards, not yet anyway. I'd stay well clear of them too if I were you!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭SBarrett

femur61 wrote: »
    Hi,

When MBNA was bought by Advant has anyone noticed their charges are much higher. I usually clear each statement but sometimes espcially whith health and car ins coming in the same time I don't clear it immediately. If don't they seem to charge the previous months and this months so in one month I am paying nearly €90 in two separate charges. They said when I have to have two months continuous complete payment before they will stop charging their finance charge

I hope I explained this right.

You'll need to look up their rates and terms and conditions.

I got a letter from them recently saying they were increasing their rates further. I clear mine every month so I shopped around a bit. While Avant are the highest, the others aren't particularly great either. I stuck with them in the end because the others wouldn't offer me the same limit that I currently have.

Steven

• Advertisement
Advertisement