Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike stolen as dying rider lies in the road

• 25-05-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,384 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/gardaí-appeal-for-missing-motorbike-after-fatal-crash-1.1808301
    A young man has died after the motorcycle he was driving strick a light pole in Tallaght, Dublin.

Gardaí have appealed for information and say the motorbike had been removed from the scene before they arrived.

The incident happened at about 7.30pm yesterday evening. The man was seriously injured after he struck the pole at Homelawn Gardens. He was taken by ambulance to hospital and later pronounced dead.

Garda forensic collision investigators have completed a technical examination of the scene and the road has since reopened to traffic.

A search of the area is continuing for the motorbike and anyone with information is asked to contact Tallaght Garda Station 01-6666000 or the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111.

Absolute subhuman scum.

Scrap the cap!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

ninja900 wrote: »

It doesn't say stolen it says removed.

Guessing someone let him drive their bike and when he crashed they panicked especially if the dead lad has no licence and insurance. Could bike have been stolen in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I kinda second your sentiment but there is very little information.

I doubt that this was just someone crashing and then someone else did the opportunist scummy beyond believe thing and left him there dying but took off with the bike. For all we know this could be straight out of 'Love Hate'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

My first bike crash in 2000 a guy tried to wheel my brand new Suzuki Marauder away with me in bits on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'm with bumper234 here, doesn't give enough info. For all we know it could have been a stolen bike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Not enough info to be going on to be honest, their could be any numbering scenarios

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

bumper234 wrote: »
    It doesn't say stolen it says removed

And it won't either.

In the days before the internet I'd a bike stolen from Princess Street, Dublin. I tried putting a 'Stolen' add in the Evening Herald ('tis what we done back then) and was told legally I couldn't say 'Stolen', I'd to say 'Missing' or 'Removed' from Princess Street etc etc etc.

You can take it the bike in the op was stolen from the scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Could be wrong but it reads to me that the bike was stolen, then crashed & then removed by a buddy. I know there are scumbags out there but for someone to stroke a bike as a person lay injured, dying is a bit far fetched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Could be wrong but it reads to me that the bike was stolen, then crashed & then removed by a buddy. I know there are scumbags out there but for someone to stroke a bike as a person lay injured, dying is a bit far fetched.

What cloud are you living on?.

CLICK HERE for a similar story in O'Connell Street, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Need more information and more facts.

I know what my assumption is, but without more info, I just don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

A guy crashes his motorbike (supposingly) and he's subhuman scum????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lets keep the assumptions to ourselves until more facts are released please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

IF it was stolen and IF it was the scumbag riding it i have no symphathy...i hate hearing these news stories that say a "motorcyclist" was killed.....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

IF it was stolen and IF it was the scumbag riding it i have no symphathy...i hate hearing these news stories that say a "motorcyclist" was killed.....:mad:

I agree if it was stolen and he killed himself good enough for him, I hope some other clown took it and goes the same road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Jesus, was lookin for more info on this when i noticed that theres been a lot of bikers killed in May....lets be careful out there, ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

It is believed that the motorbike had been stolen from a nearby area several days beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Speeding around on a stolen bike and died. Be still my bleeding heart. On the bright side no kids or pedestrians died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Speeding around on a stolen bike and died. Be still my bleeding heart. On the bright side no kids or pedestrians died.

Imagine the serenity you would feel as the owner.. for a wish like that to come through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

And it won't either.

In the days before the internet I'd a bike stolen from Princess Street, Dublin. I tried putting a 'Stolen' add in the Evening Herald ('tis what we done back then) and was told legally I couldn't say 'Stolen', I'd to say 'Missing' or 'Removed' from Princess Street etc etc etc.

You can take it the bike in the op was stolen from the scene.

Missing that's a laugh. After I reported a motorcycle stolen in carpenterstown a few years ago, the cops refused to come out. I received a phone call from the garda station a few months ago asking me if I had found my bike. I was pretty :eek:, apparently garda don't recover stolen property anymore it is up to you to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

we should have an unthank button to show how the trend changed on this! Stolen bike...more than likely unlicenced rider, no insurance, crashes killing only himself...sounds about right to be honest...pity about the cost of cleanup. But sympathy to his family for their tough time, its not their fault he was a scrote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I was thinking it was probably a stolen bike tbh. I just hope the guy riding it was the guy who stole it.
    Greenmachine, the gardai don't give a rats ass about stolen stuff from my experience. They just don't want to know.
    Copeyhagen (user on her) had his bike stolen and the security guy where he lived copied all the footage onto DVD for the gardai. They didn't even collect the dvd to take a look!

EDIT
    Bit more info here, including a photo of where he was driving
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/mystery-missing-motorbike-after-man-3606615
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-appeal-for-information-following-death-of-man-in-motorcycle-crash-1.1808612
    It is understood there were a number of youths riding motorcycles in the area at the time of the collision.
    Probably a few more peoples pride and joy taken for little skangbags to rally around estates on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

jameshayes wrote: »
    Imagine the serenity you would feel as the owner.. for a wish like that to come through

One can only dream and hope ;)

Cienciano wrote: »
    I was thinking it was probably a stolen bike tbh. I just hope the guy riding it was the guy who stole it.
    Greenmachine, the gardai don't give a rats ass about stolen stuff from my experience. They just don't want to know.
    Copeyhagen (user on her) had his bike stolen and the security guy where he lived copied all the footage onto DVD for the gardai. They didn't even collect the dvd to take a look!

EDIT
    Bit more info here, including a photo of where he was driving
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/mystery-missing-motorbike-after-man-3606615
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-appeal-for-information-following-death-of-man-in-motorcycle-crash-1.1808612

Probably a few more peoples pride and joy taken for little skangbags to rally around estates on.

Judging from the pics I bet the few lads putting the flowers down know exactly what happened and exactly where the bike is. And will take the reins as soon as the media frenzy dies down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,335 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

we should have an unthank button to show how the trend changed on this! Stolen bike...more than likely unlicenced rider, no insurance, crashes killing only himself...sounds about right to be honest...pity about the cost of cleanup. But sympathy to his family for their tough time, its not their fault he was a scrote.

Thats another maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

I live in the surrounding area & to be honest, it's a no-go area for the Garda unless they're doing early morning raids when they're mobbed up.

I have reported on numerous occasions youngsters flying around the estate on motorbikes with no helmets, PPE etc., & no care for other road users & kids playing on the street, all to no avail.

I'm lucky, I'm a club member & on occasion have the lads over for a piss-up with all the bikes parked in my driveway.

The local yahoos are aware that I have 20+ guys on call if they ever decide to mess with my machines & choose to give me a wide berth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Thats another maybe.

you can say that...but he was riding uninsured on public road on a stolen bike...its not a maybe its a fact.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I live in the surrounding area & to be honest, it's a no-go area for the Garda unless they're doing early morning raids when they're mobbed up.

I have reported on numerous occasions youngsters flying around the estate on motorbikes with no helmets, PPE etc., & no care for other road users & kids playing on the street, all to no avail.

I'm lucky, I'm a club member & on occasion have the lads over for a piss-up with all the bikes parked in my driveway.

The local yahoos are aware that I have 20+ guys on call if they ever decide to mess with my machines & choose to give me a wide berth.

Can we get some sort for special forum deal for the rest of us???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Zascar wrote: »
    Can we get some sort for special forum deal for the rest of us???
    I'm sure we can come to an amicable arrangement for a modest fee (& beers) :-)

I'm sure we can come to an amicable arrangement for a modest fee (& beers) :-)

Maybe we should use a bait bike and see what the money buys us....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Now I like where this thread is going!! ^^

Advertisement