Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike stolen as dying rider lies in the road

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

I'm from nearby. The guy that died went to my school. Was a couple of years below me.

He's no loss. The bike was almost certainly nicked.

I live in the surrounding area & to be honest, it's a no-go area for the Garda unless they're doing early morning raids when they're mobbed up.

I have reported on numerous occasions youngsters flying around the estate on motorbikes with no helmets, PPE etc., & no care for other road users & kids playing on the street, all to no avail.

I'm lucky, I'm a club member & on occasion have the lads over for a piss-up with all the bikes parked in my driveway.

The local yahoos are aware that I have 20+ guys on call if they ever decide to mess with my machines & choose to give me a wide berth.

You from tallaght? What club you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

Thats nasty and condolences to the the family if he was a genuine lad however i've had a couple of bikes stolen on me. I'd have loved to catch one of the scroats-wrap them round a pole and mend the bike with a smile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

we should have an unthank button to show how the trend changed on this! Stolen bike...more than likely unlicenced rider, no insurance, crashes killing only himself...sounds about right to be honest...pity about the cost of cleanup. But sympathy to his family for their tough time, its not their fault he was a scrote.

Maybe it wasn't, maybe. Scum can come from nice families, but they also come from generations of scum.
    I'm familiar with the area so I was trying not to jump to conclusions as the article didnt give any suggestion it was knicked. I wouldnt put it past some sorts to rob someone in that situation had they been genuine.

In the end it turns out he did, I think his mates might have written the articles too,
    Times, strick a light pole? what the frick is strick?
    Mirror, Tragic Gary, shouldn't that read, Tragically, Gary 20....
    No sympathy for the chap, enough of the scummy sort around and the Gardai are mostly unwilling to help, I know they've their own problems but, if I got it in my head to sort something out (unlikely, not worth it, might end up with a screwdriver in my ear), then they'd be all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

sugarman wrote: »
    Fella that died was an out and out scumbag that regularly joyrided around the esates. He was stupid enough to put videos on youtube of him doing so, with the account under his real name.

I reckon it was most likely stolen in the first place and his mates got rid of it before the gaurds turned up.

Good riddance, was only a matter of time before he killed someone else.

Wheres his videos..would love to place some tasty comments....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

cerastes wrote: »
    Maybe it wasn't, maybe. Scum can come from nice families, but they also come from generations of scum.

Feel like i'm repeating myself, but theres a nice family beside me..the son grew up being a right kunt, joyriding, drugs..a proper little fcuker..well known to the police .now hes started racing bikes....i'll wait till he becomes famous before i spill the beans And his name, ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

KTRIC wrote: »

He had a lovely dog.

(I've a Pitbull and Staffy so I'm not being a smart arse).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=612118595544001&set=a.102697913152741.5750.100002375980296&type=1&theater

In all honesty I feel for his family going through a family tragedy like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

ts not their fault he was a scrote.

I don't believe this is necessarily true

• Advertisement

Pity the whole lot of them weren't killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

3DataModem wrote: »
    I don't believe this is necessarily true

Please elaborate... What would you call someone riding at stupid speeds unlicenced uninsured in a stolen bike on a public road?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bobwoodward11

shocking

The post on the Facebook "Gone But Not Forgotten Bikers Memorial" has been removed !!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bobwoodward11

what a nice bunch of people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Bloody hell, the world is a better place with people like that gone.
    Just google the name "gary miller" tallaght and there's a string of dodgy behaviour and court appearances.
    Feel sorry for the parents, but the guy was a complete scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cienciano wrote: »
    Bloody hell, the world is a better place with people like that gone.
    Just google the name "gary miller" tallaght and there's a string of dodgy behaviour and court appearances.
    Feel sorry for the parents, but the guy was a complete scumbag.

I just googled him, sweet Jesus the world is a safer place tonight.

Break-in's, stabbings, driving offences, non appearance in court etc etc etc ~ Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

My thoughts and condolences to the lamppost.

My thoughts and condolences to the lamppost.

Nice of you to bring it up GH, all this and no one mentioned the poor lamp post .:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Quote from the Independant by his father......

"He loved bikes and cars and had lots of friends," he said.

Irish Independent

****in terrible shame they were all belong to someone else who paid through the nose for them only for them to be taken in the middle of the night!!! Treated at the scene by a local nurse, she should have stepped over him and kept walking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Keep it civil lads - thread cleaned

• Registered Users Posts: 32 AnScamall

Wheres his videos..would love to place some tasty comments....;)

A young man is dead. I guess I am the only one who was a bit of a tear away as a child and have sorted myself out now ... I used to joy ride as a kid and never understood the consequences ... I hate when people are glad that somebody so young is dead ... makes me sick.

AnScamall wrote: »
    A young man is dead. I guess I am the only one who was a bit of a tear away as a child and have sorted myself out now ... I used to joy ride as a kid and never understood the consequences ... I hate when people are glad that somebody so young is dead ... makes me sick.
    This guy did more than joyride. Google his name and Tallaght.

Dont think you would feel the same way if it was you or someone you loved that was stabbed, robbed, beaten etc. by this fella. Looks like the only thing he offered the world was his "age".

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Dont think you would feel the same way if it was you or someone you loved that was stabbed, robbed, beaten etc. by this fella. Looks like the only thing he offered the world was his "age".

But it was not and I am guessing it wasn't you or your family either. Anyway doesn't matter I just wanted to put it out there that I think it is quite disgusting that you are all celebrating the fact that somebody so young is dead.

But it was not and I am guessing it wasn't you or your family either. Anyway doesn't matter I just wanted to put it out there that I think it is quite disgusting that you are all celebrating the fact that somebody so young is dead.

So if he was a 75yr old scumbag you would not have a problem with him being dead.....its just the age that gets you!!!

I am not "celebrating" anything, The world is a better place without the likes of him around. If you feel so strongly about it go to the funeral and tell his parents what a wonderful job they did bringing him up.

So if he was a 75yr old scumbag you would not have a problem with him being dead.....its just the age that gets you!!!

I am not "celebrating" anything, The world is a better place without the likes of him around. If you feel so strongly about it go to the funeral and tell his parents what a wonderful job they did bringing him up.

You just completely changed what you had written ... whats that about? Anyway, somebody who is 20 can be a totally different person when they are 40.

You just completely changed what you had written ... whats that about? Anyway, somebody who is 20 can be a totally different person when they are 40.

Yeah I added the question that you only have a problem it seems with the age of the criminal not so much his criminal record. And if he had lived to the age of 100 he would have tormented generations and so would his offspring!

Yeah I added that you only seem to have a problem with young scumbags not old ones!

No you deleted what you had written ... something about it not being you and wont be your kids cause he is dead. Doesnt matter anyway I have problems with people being glad that anybody is dead but Yes especially somebody so you.

• Advertisement

No you deleted what you had written ... something about it not being you and wont be your kids cause he is dead. Doesnt matter anyway I have problems with people being glad that anybody is dead but Yes especially somebody so you.

Yes, I was originally going to put that he has not affected me directly and I wont have to worry about him doing something horrible to my daughter or son now either will I.

THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS.

Advertisement