Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike stolen as dying rider lies in the road

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 AnScamall

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yes, I was originally going to put that he has not affected me directly and I wont have to worry about him doing something horrible to my daughter or son now either will I.

THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS.

Well thank f*ck that I am an Atheist and don't have to worry about that Lord crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

AnScamall wrote: »
    But it was not and I am guessing it wasn't you or your family either. Anyway doesn't matter I just wanted to put it out there that I think it is quite disgusting that you are all celebrating the fact that somebody so young is dead.

It's people like him that make peoples lives a misery. Good riddance. Anyway, i've done enough dancing on his grave, nothing more to say about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yep, that me out. Nothing more to say on the matter.

Gonna make sure my bike is still locked up with 5 chains and off to bed. Slightly less chance it will be nicked tonite all the same!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

what a nice bunch of people

just what I was thinking reading through this thread. I find some of the comments on here unbelievable.

Some twisted idea of justice if it's ok for a young fool to die because he stole a bike. Think some perspective is needed.

greendom wrote: »
    just what I was thinking reading through this thread. I find some of the comments on here unbelievable.

Some twisted idea of justice if it's ok for a young fool to die because he stole a bike. Think some perspective is needed.

I am so glad to see this post (thought I was the only one) ... its a sad day when people are celebrating because a young man is dead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

It seems he was up to more than just stealing a bike though.

cerastes wrote: »
    It seems he was up to more than just stealing a bike though.

What is it that he did that deserves death? Jail maybe but not death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

What is it that he did that deserves death? Jail maybe but not death.

If its accurate what he was up to, then its not hard to see that people dont care what he brought on himself, prison is no deterrent for his kind, wont get long anyway, be back out robbing some decent persons means of transport or whatever they see fit, good riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I don't know the guy but looking at the pictures of the lamp post he hit it doesn't look like a place that you would be going more than walking pace.
    Its a pedestrian walkway.
    Next to it is a green, I guess used by kids to kick a ball and play.
    If this guy was going fast enough in that area to wipe himself out then there must have been a pretty high risk that anyone else in that area would have been at serious risk of injury or worse from that kind of speed.
    If a kid had been killed or injured by the rider would anyone be defending his actions?
    I think not.
    Its just luck that he didn't take anyone elses life.
    If the guy was an outstanding member of the community surely his friends would have been cooperative with the investigation and not have removed the motorcycle from the scene of the accident so that crash investigators could work out whether the vehicle was at fault or of it was rider error?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'll come out straight and say that I'm not celebrating the individuals death, but I don't give a tuppenny's f*CK for someone like him either.

And growing up in Ballymun I didn't cover myself in glory either, so I'm not preaching from an ivory tower.

The loss of his ilk doesn't faze me one bit, not a jot, zilch, nadda.

In the past I've had two bikes stolen, a car stolen, a break in and a collection of other crimes done against me and my community.. The effects of these crimes on an individual and community I can't measure.

A night I've my bike chained to a ground anchor, with an alarmed disc lock and another lock through the back wheel, then a car parked up close to it.. I sleep with my window above my bike open and if my dogs bark I immediately check my bike, car and garden shed ~ because of scum like the lad in this news story.

The quality of my life has been effected for ever more, so f*ck him and his kind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

CJhaughey wrote: »
    .......If the guy was an outstanding member of the community surely his friends would have been cooperative with the investigation and not have removed the motorcycle from the scene of the accident so that crash investigators could work out whether the vehicle was at fault or of it was rider error?

I don't think they care about rider error / vehicle at fault

Bit more likely they were interested in whether or not it just might have been used at the time for transporting drugs
    Drug addict Gary Miller 24, from St Dominic’s Court in Tallaght, smashed into a lamppost in nearby Homelawn Gardens on Saturday night.

http://bit.ly/1lNDsdu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

It looks like he'd be in jail only for the limitation on sentancing for driving without insurance.

I came accross an article from the irish times from january of last year that stated he had 101 criminal convictions at the time which included 84 road traffic offenses, 11 of which were for driving without insurance which appears to give a maximum sentance of 6 months.

Though not impossible to rehabilitate it doesn't look good on paper for a person like this. As a drug addict and repeat offender He'd likely find it hard to get any sort of employment especially in the current economic climate.

I'm glad no one else was injured and at least he wasn't left in some mangled state where he'd have needed to be cared for by his family or the state.

irish times article:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/judge-critical-of-sentencing-limitations-in-insurance-case-1.1255230

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

And you know the worst thing about all this?
    It will go down on the record as motorcyclist killed and be another statistic with which to beat the rest of the motorcycling community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Oh what I'd give to bring back corporal punishment for these tools. Justice system is too soft. Civil rights and human rights should only apply to law abiding citizens and victims of crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Jesus. :rolleyes: I managed to read to the end of Page 1 of this shambles of a Report and subsequent story-regaling so-called "Thread" and left it at that. *loads of various smilies*

Hopefully ibtl.

.... Justice system is too soft..

<OTT>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Jesus. :rolleyes: I managed to read to the end of Page 1 of this shambles of a Report and subsequent story-regaling so-called "Thread" and left it at that. *loads of various smilies*

Hopefully ibtl.

<snip - unnecessary language>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Oh what I'd give to bring back corporal punishment for these tools. Justice system is too soft. Civil rights and human rights should only apply to law abiding citizens and victims of crime.

You say this because you don't understand the concept of either civil or human RIGHTS. They are not a privilege to be taken away.

That said, I honestly couldn't care less that this guy is dead. Sounds like a right bollix, so it's a meh.

Three and a half years only ?

A drug addict who knocked down and killed a mother of four while she was shopping with her sister has received a three and a half year sentence and a 30-year driving ban.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/addict-who-knocked-down-and-killed-midwife-jailed-270055.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

having had bikes robbed in the past, KARMA comes to mind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

A guy i know had his bike stolen in Galway, the thief (of a particular "group", i feel thats important) was driving around city for two days, was spotted in places joy riding, meanwhile back in the ranch my friend was near tears, then i was called by my friend that the guy who robbed it crashed it while gaurds gave chase, the thief ended up not walking afterwards, and as my friend says everyday and i agree, "GOOD".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I am so glad to see this post (thought I was the only one) ... its a sad day when people are celebrating because a young man is dead.

no one is celebrating his death....The fact is here that no one is commiserating his death..there is a difference. And in fairness why should we? His family can have sympathy and thats where it should be.

no one is celebrating his death....The fact is here that no one is commiserating his death..there is a difference. And in fairness why should we? His family can have sympathy and thats where it should be.

A lot of people seem happy that he is dead and I think that that is disgusting. But that is just my opinion... I am not saying you should be commiserating but then again I dont think a thread like this where he is mentioned by name, with people saying he got what he deserved is right. His family or friends could read this which I find very sad.

A lot of people seem happy that he is dead and I think that that is disgusting. But that is just my opinion... I am not saying you should be commiserating but then again I dont think a thread like this where he is mentioned by name, with people saying he got what he deserved is right. His family or friends could read this which I find very sad.

He was 24 not 17 ffs - look what happens when "karma" doesn't kick in :

A drug addict who knocked down and killed a mother of four while she was shopping with her sister has received a three and a half year sentence and a 30-year driving ban.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...ed-270055.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

I acted the bollox when I was younger, got in a bit of trouble like most young people but I copped on and like most other people i became a decent, functioning member of sociaty who does not have over 100 criminal convictions...

If he was 15 or 16 id agree yes he is a young fool but this guy was in his mid 20s ffs! He was far from a young fool, he was an out and out fcuking scum bag who has terrorised people for years, imagine the terror old people living in his area felt when they seen him and his mates coming down the road.... you only have to google his name to see what he was up to.

Im not celebrating his death. Do I care that he died? Not one single fcuk do I give...... im just glad he didnt hurt any innocent people in tje process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

My thoughts and condolences to the lamppost.

Best. Comment. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Pedro K wrote: »
    You from tallaght? What club you in?
    The clue is in my username

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

A quick google on the deceased found the following:

Gardaí search car and find 14 mobile phones

04 DECEMBER 2012 06:53 AM

A 21-YEAR-OLD Dubliner was in Enniscorthy District Court to admit a couple of burglary charges. Gary Miller of 10 St. Dominic's Court in Tallaght was found with 14 mobile phones in his car when he was intercepted by Gardaí on the hard shoulder of the Gorey bypass last March.

A youtube account possibly belonging to the deceased

Judge Critical of Sentencing Limitations in Insurance Case
    A District Court judge has criticised the fact that under current laws he was prevented from jailing a driver with 11 previous convictions for driving without insurance for no more than six months.

Judge Anthony Halpin was dealing with the case of Gary Miller (23) in Tallaght Court. Miller has 101 previous convictions, of which 84 are for road traffic offences.

"I think the State's provision for sentencing in no insurance is not enough," Judge Halpin said.

"If he had five previous convictions for no insurance, I think he should be sentenced to 12 months in jail. I can only give him six months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭macwal

stop wrote: »
    And possibly this judgement in which a Judge ordered the release of a Gary Miller due to a problem with the warrant used to imprison him a month ago[/URL] (I think! IANAL)

Heh, looks like he should have been locked up when he hit the lamppost. Not often you see a muck up in the justice system having a favourable outcome. Planet lost a scumbag, and taxpayers didn't have to pay for those 5 months detention.

3 cheers for Justice Baker and the lamppost.

Hip Hip...

Advertisement