Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capture the Dream

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭jfh

Was hoping to do breakfast run but friends I'm staying with work in a bar until late so also sleep in late, got locked into apartment, just as well this wasn't the morning of the race.

So no test run this week but won't make a bit of difference now.
    My bib number is 12801
    I'm starting in pen b so not sure if I'm going to catch anyone here, going to try to get to Oscar Wilde this eve for hurling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Best of luck with the race Jfh.. Hope you can be at peace with however it goes for you and get the injury issues sorted soon after

Quick update on phone
    Started in pen b, was left behind for the first couple of miles, put this down to lack of running lately, didn't feel confident with leg, once I got past 10 miles, felt the IT band wasn't going to act up. Mentally relaxed went through half under 1:30, after 16 miles I caught the sub 3 pacer, stayed with him until mile 23, was doing everything to take pressure of right leg, speeding up, concentrating on left. At 23 I knew I was going to finish, pushed hard, finished 2:57 something.
    Had to take difine so didn't go drinking.
    Plane journey was tough going, sitting down. Body never felt under too much pressure but leg barely held up, delighted to finish under 3,some atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Great work Jfh, not what you originally wanted obviously but must have felt great to run that time after the problems you've had. Well done, onwards and upwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

2:57 is a hell of a performance considering you posted this in the race thread last week:
    jfh wrote: »
    Another crock like myself, did cryotherapy & dry needling this week. One 8 miler last week, nothing this week, going test it at breakfast run.
    Going to build in slowly in race, see how it goes but it's not going to ruin my weekend if I don't finish.

Well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Great running. Must have been all the more enjoyable when you could feel yourself getting into it after the run in you had.

I don't suppose you were running in a White and Black vest....an Irish guy chatting to/advising an English guy about hanging on for sub 3 breezed by me during the last 5k. I could hear him say he was running at 6:42 pace which given that the course was showing long on most garmins, wouldn't have been a hell a lot off where you were. If it was you, you looked like you were in cruising in 2nd/3rd gear.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    2:57 is a hell of a performance considering you posted this in the race thread last week:

Well done!

honestly if you asked me 6 miles into the race, if i would finish it i wouldn't be able for certain to say that i would.

i was hoping to bump into a few of ye at oscar wildes, and myself and the sister traveled over to catch a bit of the match, we were walking all day as she wanted to see some of the sights, i was too keen on standing up for the whole game so we left shorthly after arriving, i was looking around for some lean looking runners but t'was mostly a stag party that was watching the game.

for some bizarre reason, they were showing the Gaa on the tv inside the door, where they're was very little room, only a handful wathcing the golf and they had pride of place ;)

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Great running. Must have been all the more enjoyable when you could feel yourself getting into it after the run in you had.

I don't suppose you were running in a White and Black vest....an Irish guy chatting to/advising an English guy about hanging on for sub 3 breezed by me during the last 5k. I could hear him say he was running at 6:42 pace which given that the course was showing long on most garmins, wouldn't have been a hell a lot off where you were. If it was you, you looked like you were in cruising in 2nd/3rd gear.

that's gas, no that wasn't me, i was wearing a red adidas vest that i purchased at the expo, but i did hear that guy giving that pep talk so we must have been running beside each other.

yes it really was a good feeling to get to 20 miles and know the sub 3 is there, just keep doing what you're doing, don't f8ck it up, then a part of me was thinking go for it, put the boot down, glad i didn't do that at mile 20 as it seemed to drag towards the finish.

split time of day time diff min/km km/h
    5 km 09:06:03 00:20:55 20:55 04:11 14.35
    10 km 09:27:11 00:42:02 21:07 04:14 14.20
    15 km 09:48:23 01:03:15 21:13 04:15 14.14
    20 km 10:10:00 01:24:51 21:36 04:20 13.89
    Halb 10:14:48 01:29:39 04:48 04:23 13.72
    25 km 10:31:30 01:46:22 16:43 04:17 14.01
    30 km 10:52:11 02:07:03 20:41 04:09 14.51
    35 km 11:13:13 02:28:05 21:02 04:13 14.26
    40 km 11:33:43 02:48:35 20:30 04:07 14.63
    Finish 11:42:25 02:57:17 08:42 03:58 15.15

i was running on feel for most of this & rarely consulted the watch, therefore my splits are not very even, i'll blame that pacer:D

closing up this log, might start Capture the Dream part ii for my next attempt.

for now i have to take a few months off, i was down to pace dublin but on consultation with my physio, the longer i leave taking a break, the longer it will take me to get tendon healed.

thanks for reading & anyone want to recommend a coach that would help me capture the dream, please PM me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement