Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relocating to Drogheda - rent?

Options
  • 25-05-2014 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi there everybody!

Well, I'm 25 years old - responsable with a sorted job in Dublin in a multi-national.

I'm thinking about relocating to Drogheda - simply because I love the place, it gets a bit of bad press but personally, I like its character and people.

I would commute by train to Dublin Pearse for work however the commute would actually be less than I currently do living in Co. Dublin itself!! I was just wondering if people had any thoughts on this sort of move, personal experiences?

What are the ups and downs - would you personally prefer to live somewhere like Drogheda and commute as opposed to forking out a fortune for a crap mould infested studio in Dublin? I am of course a single guy and I think life in Dublin as a single person is a bit ridiculous. No stability and no appropriate housing for the right price. Thoughts?

Also if anybody knows of anybody who is looking for a stable tenant looking for a home and not a party-pad then by all means, give me a shout! :) I'm looking to pay between 450 - 550 (600 max) and would be looking for something stable. Priorities being a quiet, clean home which I can look after and keep in good condition (every landlord's dream right? lol)!

Cheers folk!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Good luck finding something. You sound like you've a good head on your shoulders.:)

I commute from Gormanston to Pearse and find the train very comfortable, reliable and I'm happy with the cost using the tax saver scheme.

I'd be inclined to look for something south side of Drogheda near enough to the train station but then again I don't live in Drogheda so what do I know....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

hi,

probably depends on whether you can handle the train commute. I don't commute by train myself so can't comment there.

as for Drogheda as a place to live I'd highly recommend it, everything you would need in the town, plenty of outdoor stuff to do around it if that's your thing.

I'd advise getting a place within walking distance of train station (wheaton hall/bryanstown area) as I think it's €4/day for parking plus less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Hey- times are tough in the renting world here at the moment. Very few properties around, especially ones in walking distance of the train! Don't forget there's also the Matthews bus.. I took the train and hated it. Takes ages, and you could be standing as far as Skerries on the way home.. The Matthews bus has a UCD route and drops at Nassau/Kildare/Leeson St.

Good luck!

Advertisement