Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TriAthy Questions

Options
  • 25-05-2014 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi Folks,

Heading down to TriAthy next week to complete the Olympic distance and I have a few questions I was hoping you could help me out on:

- Parking - How easy is it to get parking on the day of the event?
    Hoping to be there for 7am and will need to register before 8:30

- The course - on the official website, I can only see the swim course
    (which finishes at a different point to the start), Is there a map of
    the bike and run course available showing where you finish up? And is
    the registration point close to the start?

- Personal Belongings - will probably be braving the big day on my own
    (my fan base are busy that morning). What do people typically do with
    car keys, clothes taken off right before the swim etc.?

- Cycling Shoes - recently bought a new pair of these and will not be
    confident enough to have them clipped in on the bike before I mount it
    (I'm just now that damn cool!). Are there any specific considerations
    in putting on the shoes in T1 and running to the point where I can get
    on the bike.

- Time limit - I'l be going on the basis of complete rather than compete. Is there a time limit to be off the bike by?

- Waves - are these assigned as first come first served? I don't recall the entry asking anything about expected times etc.

Thanks in advance for any help on these.

Bring on the first race of the season - wohoo!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Turtle001 wrote: »
    - Parking - How easy is it to get parking on the day of the event?
    Hoping to be there for 7am and will need to register before 8:30
    Cars have to park in the School (where you register), there's loads of parking, think they open a few fields if needed
    - The course - on the official website, I can only see the swim course (which finishes at a different point to the start), Is there a map of the bike and run course available showing where you finish up? And is the registration point close to the start?
    Go to the site, then click Info -> Races -> Olympic. It opens on the swim course, but there's buttons for cycle/run/transition (under the line "Published: 13 December 2013").
    Registration in the school is probably 1k from the transition and start. Cycle down.
    - Personal Belongings - will probably be braving the big day on my own
    (my fan base are busy that morning). What do people typically do with
    car keys, clothes taken off right before the swim etc.?
    You should register, then get setup in transition (incl putting on wetsuit etc, throw everything else (car keys etc) in a gearbag and drop it in the "drop zone". This is the only bag you can get immediately after the race too. Walk barefoot across to the start then in your wetsuit. If you've no family there's nowhere to ditch clothes immediately prior to swim, but there'll be lots of people sitting around in wetsuits and swimcaps
    - Cycling Shoes - recently bought a new pair of these and will not be
    confident enough to have them clipped in on the bike before I mount it
    (I'm just now that damn cool!). Are there any specific considerations
    in putting on the shoes in T1 and running to the point where I can get
    on the bike.
    Saw a good few people doing this last year. No bother.
    - Time limit - I'l be going on the basis of complete rather than compete. Is there a time limit to be off the bike by?
    Think time limits only apply to the double olympic. If you're the type of cyclist who wears cycling shoes you'll have nothing to worry about
    - Waves - are these assigned as first come first served? I don't recall the entry asking anything about expected times etc.
    Think they're done by age group/sex. Lots of people don't agree with this way of selecting it but unless you're going for the win, it doesn't really matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Turtle001

Hi Shedite,

Thanks for your time and help on this - really appreciate it.

I logged in to the page again with a different browser (IE) and can now see the links to the cycle/run/transition (I'm not a total numpty online, promise). I had been using Crome and there is certainly something funky happening. Make sense that they are there now.

Will need to get my thinking cap on about the time between the transition area closing and the swim starting as it could be 2 hours of standing about in my beloved trisuit/wetsuit but I understand there are all lot of things to cater for on the day.

Cheers

Advertisement