Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bye Bye Old Boiler House > Waterville

Options
  • 25-05-2014 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

FYI
    the old boiler house for the hospital is being demolished.

Those lands will be hosting 3 and 4 bed dwellings. Not sure who is building there.
    There is a notification plate on the fence with the planning details.

I think it was on this thread, sometime a go a discussion on what was that building and what the plans for the area.. so now its more clear. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

root69 wrote: »
    FYI
    the old boiler house for the hospital is being demolished.

Those lands will be hosting 3 and 4 bed dwellings. Not sure who is building there.
    There is a notification plate on the fence with the planning details.

I think it was on this thread, sometime a go a discussion on what was that building and what the plans for the area.. so now its more clear. :)

Something i always kept meaning to visit,but didn't have enough people to go over with me.

Lucky there are a few pictures of it floating around.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Was down there tonight. They've started with the hefty concrete structure at the west end that holds the big water reservoir.

There's a security man there, so I could only get a pic from the road.

14275191341_f6d9aa052b_b.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/nKs63D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

I remember being freaked out by the place as a kid in the early 80's, rumour had it that body parts from the hospital were incinerated therein! I don't think it will be missed somehow, it always struck me as a blot on the landscape.

Advertisement