Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gentlemans Quarters Customer Service or lack of

Options
  • 25-05-2014 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,223 ✭✭✭✭

Right I don't usually do get annoyed but I did today.

Bought a jacket for Birthday present in the shop.

Zips were broke when my mate tried it on. The zips were not pulling up smooth and zip would tear as from bottom up once you zipped up jacket.

Fair enough said I bring it back.

The gentleman I dealt with was a complete twat.

I'm sorry for saying it but truth. He complained labels were taken off. (it was for birthday off course I was going take off price tag)

He said all zips are strange on new jackets. Load of balls.

Then he pointed out a slight stain in inside of jacket.

Basically I was not getting my money back no matter what.

Just warning people that if they buy something in there make sure it's perfect otherwise you don't get jack all.

Just want let others know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Zips were broke when my mate tried it on. The zips were not pulling up smooth and zip would tear as from bottom up once you zipped up jacket.

I'm sorry for saying it but truth. He complained labels were taken off. (it was for birthday off course I was going take off price tag)

Just warning people that if they buy something in there make sure it's perfect otherwise you don't get jack all.

I've dealt with similar issues there a few times over the years and now I just refuse to go there at all. Terrible service inside that place, which is a shame because their clothes are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Did you have a receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

i don't go in there on principle- the ****ty music they blast out onto patricks street is the reason for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,223 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

mikeym wrote: »
    Did you have a receipt?

ya i had it with me .

the young gentleman I dealt with yesterday was very nice .

just today was total shock at the way I was treated .

I was not trying be dick. I understand crap happens but your man really had no interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Iv had a bad experience with the older dude in there when buying a suit. There is a older lady and young lad which were grand and helpful. But he was just a bit of dick when I told him I wont be taking the suit after trying a few on for size fitting etc. Basically starting saying I dont know much about suits.

I know it looked **** on me so that was enough for me! It wasn't a tailoring problem either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Lekrub wrote: »
    Iv had a bad experience with the older dude in there when buying a suit. There is a older lady and young lad which were grand and helpful. But he was just a bit of dick when I told him I wont be taking the suit after trying a few on for size fitting etc. Basically starting saying I dont know much about suits.

I know it looked **** on me so that was enough for me! It wasn't a tailoring problem either

I find that guy pushes suits on you that you dont want to buy. Had a similar experience to you and just walked out. Ill never go back in. Terrible service.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Henry94

Thanks for the warning. I need a couple of suits and was going to try there. I won't risk it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

ya i had it with me .

the young gentleman I dealt with yesterday was very nice .

just today was total shock at the way I was treated .

I was not trying be dick. I understand crap happens but your man really had no interest

Thats a joke.

I havent shopped there in ages and I probably wont ever go in there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

my ex used to work in there. they treat their staff like ****e tbh. The guy was probably petrified he would get an official warning and lose his commission for the month if he gave you a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I got the suits & shirts for my wedding last year in there. Staff were great as far as I'm concerned. Granted, everything went smoothly so I've no idea what they are like when things go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Have been in there a regularly over the last few years, for suits, jeans, shirts, jumpers etc and have always had a pleasant experience. Always found the staff helpful for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

I shop there all the time, blonde lady called Ruth who works there is a gem, if I had my own shop she would be the first person I would employ, sometimes you can be unlucky in the people you deal with. I find staff in most shops helpful to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,223 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Im glad to hear it.

Like I said the guy I dealt with for payment on Saturday was lovely guy.

We talked about the sport on that day and stuff. Can't argue with him.

Just guy I dealt with yesterday was a twat. From minute I took out jacket he was looking for way to not refund me. Had he been kind about it I would not have started this thread.

He was young enough chap but bulky with stubble. The lad Saturday bit of stubble but tinner.

I don't have problem with jacket been damaged if they were ok with accepting it.

Most likely I would have shopped there again. Not now

I'm just warning others to make sure they are 100% satisfied when leaving shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SarB89

If the item was faulty by consumer law they must offer you a replacement, refund, or repair provided you have proof of purchase. I would go back in and state that they are breaking the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,030 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

SarB89 wrote: »
    If the item was faulty by consumer law they must offer you a replacement, refund, or repair provided you have proof of purchase. I would go back in and state that they are breaking the law.

This.
    Ask for the manager and insist on a refund, replacement or repair. If they refuse take it to the small claims court.
    Even if the jacket was worn for weeks, the above would apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,030 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

SarB89 wrote: »

This.
    Ask for the manager and insist on a refund, replacement or repair. If they refuse take it to the small claims court.
    Even if the jacket was worn for weeks, the above would apply.

Advertisement